TRENTON, N.J. (Oct. 26) - New Jersey's highest court opened the door Wednesday to making the state the second in the nation to allow gay marriage, ruling that lawmakers must offer same-sex couples either marriage or something like it, such as civil unions.
Went out Saturday night for a bit. I forgot to mention the last time I went to this bar (well I mentioned it, but never went into detail) As I was approaching the club (sober at that point) there were two employees standing outside, a barback and the "bouncer". I didn't recognize them, but the bouncer evidently recognized me from a month or so ago (the night I met Mr. Bean) evidently I was pretty intoxicated that night. As I grew nearer to them the barback said something like "who's THAT?" looking right at me. Then the bouncer said (in a lowish voice that I heard loud and clear) "Oh you don't want to go there he's a mess".
Yikes maybe I was that night, that would explain why I gave my number to Mr. Bean.
How he determined I was a "mess" from entering a bar drunk isn't really fair, especially since I only go out maybe once every couple months.
Not that it mattered, because the barback sat next to me and introduced himself later.
He then proceeded to hit on me full force. I thought that was funny.
I showed my son the little video/slideshow I made for his birthday. Naturally the YouTube user name was right there, so I have retooled the video blog so that it has no direct link here. I've even created a new profile. (You can still find it here on my sidebar listed under favorite posts) I also sat him down and explained that if there is ever anything he wants to talk to me about he can, that we don't want a repeat of what happened last time. He understood and agreed.
Spent Saturday with the kids, party for my son at Moms and then a shopping spree with his Birthday money. When checking out at Best Buy he handed the cashier 3 50's (the bill was like $138) and I said to her (not sure why) that it was his birthday and he was spending some of his birthday money(and he still had two more parties to go). She sighed and said that she no longer gets birthday money (she was probably early 20's) and then I said, oh now that you are older you must get just gifts you end up returning (my attempt at humor). She said no, "I don't get anything, money or gifts". I wasn't sure how to reply to that so I didn't say anything. I kind of made me sad tho.
I have a cold or something, sore throat, light headed, never left my condo today. I didn't take my sons today because of it and am at work right now (3rd shift blech) I hope I feel better by tomorrow, since it is technically my day off.
Thanks to Mista Dirk for posting this kool Meme.
(yea I know the 100 things wasn't enough about me right?)
1. Where were you 1 hour ago? Here at work (where I am now working 3rd shift)
2. Who will be your next kiss? hm...no idea, any volunteers?
3. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you? nope
4. When is the last time you went to the mall? Saturday
5. Are you wearing socks right now? Yeap Fall is here, no more sandals.
6. When was the last time you went out of the state? Since I live right on the MA/CT line it's nearly every day. To be more specific yesterday.
7. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days? No. The last Movie I saw at the theater was "The Illusionist" last weekend.
8. What was the last thing you had to drink? a giant cup of tea.
9. What are you wearing right now? a Polo shirt, jeans, one shoe and that open front thing they gave me at the emergency room for my broken toe.
10. Last food you ate? A grilled chicken dish I threw together with garlic, olive oil, Sharp cheddar cheese and Cayenne Pepper (trust me it was incredible)
11. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week? Yikes yea, spent $400 in an hour.
12. Do you have a pet? 1 cat named Suede after a Tori Amos song.
13. What's the last sporting event you watched? hm... I don't watch TV, and if I did, a sporting event would be the last thing I would turn on.
14. What was your favorite class in high school? History
15. What is the last thing you purchased online? Snagged an amazing wireless router off Ebay Saturday night.
16. How old are your parents? Adopted parents, father is deceased, mother is 61. My natural parents, father 57 mother 56.
17. Are you in love? unfortunately no. Unless you count one sided love, like my relationship with Adrien Grenier.
18. Do you miss anyone? Yes my dad who passed away when I was 15.
19. Last play you saw? The King & I with my dad when I was about 9.
20. Ever go camping? Sure as a kid one of the Horse shows I competed in was at a Fair, we had no choice but to buy and pitch tents. It was fun.
21. Were you an honor roll student in school? No I was always the kid spacing out in class and never paying attention. I also procrastinate and neither of these traits lend themselves so well in the Academic world.
22. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne? Yea actually something I bought last week, T by Tommy.
23. Do you have a tan? being half middle eastern, yes year round (and I usually avoid the sun)
24. How old do you want to be when you have kids? I had two sons already by the age of 23.
25. Do you collect anything? I used to, and had a 300 CD Tori Amos collection (excluding boots)
26. Last time you got stopped by a cop or pulled over? 2000 for speeding.
27. Have you ever drank your soda from a straw? Only if it is a mixed drink, otherwise never.
28. Last time you took a shower? 2 hours ago
29. Are you someone's best friend? Yes.
30. What's the last TV show you watched? I was over a friend's and he had on Desperate Housewives.
31. Do you own a Britney Spears C.D? no freaking way
32. Are you a Lost fanatic? I've only seen one episode, the first. I liked it actually, but since I don't watch TV so much, I haven't become a fanatic.
33. Have you ever eaten an entire pint, or more, ice cream by yourself? I haven't had Ice Cream in years. It's just not a comfort food for me, I'd rather eat a jar of Bread and Butter Pickles, I am addicted to vinegar.
34. Do you sing obnoxiously in the car when you're driving alone? Do you sing obnoxiously in the shower when no one's home? In the car oh yea, in the shower never ever (I have neighbors)
35. Have you ever liked a girl/boy but didn't ask her/him out because you were afraid? Who hasn't?
36. Have you ever written a poem/story about your love life? Not to date no.
37. Do you eat all the servings in the food groups on a daily basis? No, I eat a lot of chicken and vegetables but probably am seriously lacking in the carbohydrates area.
38. What's the current ringtone on your cellphone? I have 8 ringtones, all clips from my favorite artists. The main ring is We Intertwined by The Hush Sound and the private caller ring tone is I hate everything about you by Three days grace. All the important people have their own special song so I don't even have to look at the cell to know who it is.
39. When you open your closet, what is the dominant color of your wardrobe? Yellows, Reds and Oranges.