Saturday, October 07, 2006
I don't even know what to say...
I still can't believe this happened. I haven't been able to sleep for three nights because of this Vicodin shit. I mean sleep an hour then wake up, repeat all night till morning. Well today we (my older son I) had these bus tickets to go to NYC for a Broadway Show he's wanted to see. I didn't take Vicodin last night so I would be myself today, awake and well rested. Yea well given I hadn't slept more than 5 hours the last 2 nights my body decided it was time to catch up. The bus left at 6:30 I woke at 6:10, having slept thru the alarm. When I got to his house he had overslept also and by the time we got on our way it was 6:37, with a 20 minute drive ahead. We missed the bus, I let him down, I'm out $380 and I feel like the worst piece of crap ever. He said he wanted to go back home if we missed the bus, and that he didn't want to come with me this weekend because he had too much homework to do. He said he understood but I don't believe he was being honest. I don't think I've ever let him down like this before. I'm going to lie down, this will go down as one of the worst days in my life I'm sure. The fucked up thing is that this was his birthday present promised to him as far back as July.

---
S4 155
9 Comments:
Blogger Polt said...
Aw, sweetie, I'm so sorry, both for you and your son. That really bites.

Blogger daveincleveland said...
that sucks, i am so sorry buddy, wish i could do something to make it better, hope all is ok between you and your son.........hug.......:)

Blogger Spider said...
Man - tough for you both - I am so sorry... don't take the blame though - sometimes karma just gets in the way and things don't happen... just call him and tell him you love him... BIG HUGS...

Blogger Doug said...
*hugs*

Blogger Donald said...
What a bummer; I am so sorry for you both. I know how much you were both looking forward to your Broadway visit. Hope all turns out well in the end. Take care.

Blogger Rian said...
Oh shit. I'm very sorry.
But it wasn't really your fault, don't feel guilty.
There will be other chances to make up for it. *hug*

Blogger Mikey said...
You're a great Dad! Sending you a huge hug!

Blogger potusol said...
Bummer kiddo, as awful as you feel right now it will pass. There will be other shows and other opportunities.

Stuff like this is exactly why I have not two but THREE alarms to get me up almost everyday. GRRRRRRRRRRR

(hugs) : )

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...
So what show were you going to see?