Monday, February 26, 2007
was a laid back Sunday...
(yikes)
---
we didn't do much, rented a few movies:

Babel

Hollywoodland

The Dark Room

The Devil Wears Prada

Saw III

---
All I can say about the 5 above is that I loved Babel. Somehow I was able to get my younger son to watch most of it with me. This would usually be quite the undertaking, but given that his brother was playing History Channel: Civil War and naturally using the TV in their room for that purpose and also he (my younger son) is not allowed on any PC (he's grounded) naturally the living room (where I was watching Babel) would be a place to relax and chill with dad. I think he enjoyed most of it, although there were a few parts that bored him (being 12 and all).
---
In any case I was quite impressed, and it certainly kept my attention. There were so many performances worthy of note (Brad Pitt the maligned certainly gave one of them). Do see this somehow, you will not regret it.
---
Saw III was horrible (even though I did not watch so much of it, having hated the first two, senseless gore-fests)
---
Hollywoodland was bearable, and even tho I love Adrien Brody and consider him one of the greatest actors in Hollywood, I just didn't care for this film. It was flat and boring from my perspective. Essentially it was the true-ish story of the untimely death of original Superman (of early TV fame) George Reeves (played by Ben Affleck) and the investigation which followed. Quite the scandal back in 1959 from what I am led to believe.
---
The Dark Room was a B-Movie, and while it certainly wasn't the worst I've seen (great twist at the end), it was still a badly (naturally) made B-Movie. nuff.said
---
The Devil wears Prada -- I really had no idea what this film was about when I rented it apart from that many people (including critics) were raving about it. Yea ok Meryl Streep (as you would suspect) is a phenomenal actress, and her performance was true to form, but still. I didn'tenjoy it so much, not being so much into fashion or that industry. If you are tho, by all means check it out, you might possibly enjoy it. I.didn't
---
anyway...
---
Monday yet again, sheesh. Seems time does fly quickly.
---
Today marks 1 whole week sans hooch.
---
I feel the momentum beginning ...
---
ya know yesterday I posted about being sort of upset about the MCR show Saturday night, and I did receive an anonymous comment (most likely from the ex-wife) pointing out that the most important thing to consider is that my son enjoyed the show and I should celebrate the fact that her bf was kind enough to buy those pitt tickets for him. I will say this, he/she/it has a point. The most important thing is that he had an amazing time. Hell I did too. So who cares then right? After all they were fracking incredible tickets, I.must.say
---
subject.closed
---
Hope everyone has a decent Monday, no worries it will be over in an instant!
---
S7 154
10 Comments:
Blogger Lemuel said...
Monday: let's all just close our eyes, take a deep breath, click our heels, and it will be over. :)

Congrats on the sans-hooch week! Keep up the good work!

Blogger potusol said...
The weekends certainly go fast these days. I'm impressed you made it through all those movies. Beside DWP the only movie I'm interested in seeing is Babel or maybe not, can't decide if the buzz is enough to interest me.

Blogger vuboq said...
I enjoyed "Prada" the first time I saw it (in the theater), and I spent weeks perfecting my "Miranda removes her sunglasses" moves. However, the movie didn't hold up on repeated viewings on DVD. *sigh*

*Happy Monday smooches*

Blogger TigerYogi said...
We enjoyed Prada as well, although, as usual, the previews made it look funnier than it actually was...

P.S. Yes, Mondays do suck! :)

Blogger VeryApeAZ said...
I loved Devil Wears Prada and anyone who knows me can attest that I have no fashion sense. Meryl Streep is just hysterical.

Blogger Steve said...
Gotta agree on Saw III. We liked the first one, and the second was OK. #3 kinda blew. We also liked The Devil Wears Prada. Congrats on 1 week.

Blogger Spider said...
Congrats on the family time! Congrats on the one week!
Congrats on making it thru Monday!

Blogger Ur-spo said...
happy monday back at ya.

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
Yay I can finally navigate your blog. I was getting an error message all last week and couldn't even scroll up and down much less post a comment!
Glad you had a good time with your son. That's SO important!

Blogger gayborhood gringo said...
how could you not have enjoyed the devil wears prada! i'm not so much into fashion, but still found it to be hilarious. oh well, we all have our own tastes.

loved Babel, as well.