Friday, March 13, 2009
my exiting Friday night...
---
I feel so out of touch. I just joined today.
---
Yea ok I'm a loser.
---
aaaanyway...
---
Tonight my friend and I moved the last schtuff I had in my condo here to my new(ish) house. As I posted a couple days ago I finally (after 6 months) got an offer. In this market I feel really lucky, not too much is selling around here. It's so weird, I started this blog just a couple months before I bought that place in '05. It seems so much longer. Of course in the past 3 1/2 years my life has been pretty eventful, some good, some not so good, but at the end of the day I must admit that I've grown as a person from all of the experiences. Getting older may seem like a scary concept (especially in the gay world) but there are benefits to life and living those who are still very young can't appreciate.
---
I am noticing lately all sorts of changes in myself. Maturity hits you straight on, even if you are one of those people who tries very hard (at 35) to stay as carefree and reckless as you were at 20 or 25. The truth is you never really are (inside) that carefree and reckless anymore, because you have lived, and experienced, and seen (and learned) so many of the things a 20 year old has yet to experience. His behavior is inadvertently shaped by his inexperience. There really is no way to recapture that naievete, and without it, carefree and reckless don't work without effort. And effort (in this situation) kinda brings the word poser to mind.
---
ok that was a little off the cuff. sorry
---
SO I started a new hobby a couple weeks ago. My grandfather was in the vending business, he had dozens of vending machines all over the area I live in. Around 1964 when The US removed most of the silver from it's dime, half dollar and dollar coins, my grandfather began hoarding the coins he would come across which predated '64. When he passed away in '97 we had 4 huge bags of these coins to go through. Most of it we sold, but many I kept. I had collected coins as a kid and had some of my old books still. I checked those older coins for low mintage etc and found he had a few rarities. So that brings me to my new hobby. I found (as you would expect since I've just moved) a few things I didn't remember I had. One of these finds was a box of these coins. I had quite a few Morgan Dollars. I decided to try and get one coin of each year and mint. They were made from 1878 to 1905 and then one minting in 1921. It seems like I've been on Ebay way too much of late (and spent perhaps a bit more than I should have). Right now I'm missing three coins to complete 1878-1890. I guess I am becoming sort of a nerd these days. But I'm having some fun so who cares. I need something fun in my dreary lonely life.
---
*sigh*
2 Comments:
Blogger vuboq said...
Coin collecting is awesome! and if it makes you feel good, you shouldn't feel bad about it!

See you on twitter! *smooches*

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Been away for a while. You were always my favorite. Things seem good with you - I am happy for you