Thursday, March 26, 2009
my date....
I went on a date last night, the guy I was talking about in my last post. We met at a local Tavern, he ate, we talked. It was pretty cool. He's a lot more "gay-worldly" than I am. What I mean to say is that he belongs to a bunch of social groups in the area. I've never joined or attended a Gay social group. Might be interesting. I probably know half the people from when I used to go out years ago.
---
I only have one long standing gay friend in my life these days. I kinda always wanted to make more, but could never figure out how. The bar scene is not exactly the place to go to meet friends. Forget online, like I said yesterday, apart from maybe Match.com they are all meat markets populated by sex maniacs and people who aren't quite who they say they are and usually a tad (*cough*) older and less attractive than their photos would lead you to believe.
---
So at the very least I've made a new friend. And I suspect I will have dozens more by the time he's done with me. As far as chemistry with this guy I am on the fence. He's goodlooking enough, my age, very well educated ... I am just not sure if I am attracted to him yet. Maybe that will come later, and eh... if it doesn't like I said, he could become a good friend.
---
Maybe I am being kinda picky I dunno. I don't think so tho. I really liked the last guy I dated, it's just that he lives in Boston and is really busy. I think we both got tired of the long distance thing. But damn... there was chemistry, almost more than I've experienced in the past.
---
3 Comments:
Blogger Jim said...
George came into my life when I wasn't even looking and when it was least expected. If it's meant to be, it'll happen. Just go with the flow. If nothing else you'll make a new friend. Even that is the hardest thing to find these days. Either way, I truly hope things will work out for you.

Blogger Jeff C.-S. said...
I think chemistry is essential...compromise on certain things, perhaps, but not on chemistry.

As has been stated you can always have a new friend.

Good to see you back - it's been ages and I've missed you :-)

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
Hoping for the best for you date/friend-wise! I am glad you are so wise about online people because it is usually as you portray it. Oh and is it too wrong that I laughed over the "they are and usually a tad (*cough*) older and less attractive than their photos would lead you to believe" Bwaa haa haaa!!!

Oh and I was going to comment on the ex in your other post but I thought "why bother?". She's not worth the time/effort and there is nothing I could say that you don't already know. I just think it's sad that she can't let go of her anger and think of the kids best interests.
I am pea-green with ENVY over your son going to the UK! OMG I hope it is the BEST trip EVER!