Tuesday, March 17, 2009
last night... a post to vent



---
Last night I had to run to the post office to overnight a coin I bought off ebay to this idiot who tried to scam me and who only allowed refunds if returned within three days. I was not going to let him get away with selling me a coin for hundreds more than it was worth because I am sort of a newbie and didn't realize what I was bidding on. So anyway, I was determined to get it out last night (the coin arrived yesterday afternoon). The only post office open in the evening was about a 45 minute drive away in CT. I was really fuming, and I guess I thought getting it in the mail right away would make me feel better. It did kinda.
---
On the way home I decided to pull over and grab something to eat at Ruby Tuesdays.
---
I wish I hadn't.
---
I was up at the salad bar with my friend and I heard a familiar voice call my name behind me.
---
It was my first boyfriend, who I have not seen in almost 10 years. He was the first (of two) live in relationships I have had. We talked for a minute, it was awkward as hell, he reached out to hug me and I guess sensed I didn't want to (which wasn't completely the case) and extended his hand. We shook. It was really weird. We talked for a second, I was uncomfortable. I am not sure why, but I was sort of taken back. So we exchanged useless information about each other for a couple minutes and he said his goodbyes and went back to work. I guess he's been a bartender there a while. My friend and I sat down, waited for our food. I was not hungry anymore, all I could do was reminisce for some reason, and it wasn't a pleasant experience.
---
So he's been on my mind ever since. I don't understand why, I am no longer in love with him, that ended years ago when I broke it off. Well in actuality I left him for my second live in relationship, they sort of overlapped (yea I'm a rotten person). In my defense I went from my marriage to this guy within three months and was living with him almost instantly. I spent our entire three years wanting to get out, chasing something, even cheating on him (obviously).
---
I wasn't ready to settle down so quickly, and our relationship suffered.
---
It's really odd, part of me wanted to give him my number so we could talk, hang out, whatever. I then reminded myself how much he drove me crazy. He had this personality I can only liken to a used car salesman. We were never really compatable, he molded himself into what he thought I wanted him to be, and naturally it didn't work.
---
Why is it even now, years later I get so upset just seeing him? Why was my gut impulse to try and give him my number so that we could catch up? sigh.....
---
I've been told that I have issues letting go. Issues with being rejected even if it is a result of my own behavior/actions. Maybe that's it. Maybe in my own selfish way I want him to love me as much as he did back in the day despite what I have done to him.
---
It's no wonder I am still alone. I guess it's a self destructive thing.
---
Anyway, I hope he is finally happy. He seemed to be.
---
There, I got that off my chest. I kinda feel better somehow.
3 Comments:
Blogger Brettcajun said...
Thanks for the honesty. It's refreshing in the blogworld. It is so nice to see that you can be honest about your past and look at the bigger picture.

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
For some reason I totally "get" this post, when i've run into old Bf's I strangely want to sort of, impress them ... WTF? They are exes for a reason.........

Blogger madamerouge said...
I "get" it, too.