Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Sorry...
If I offended anyone with my last post containing Hillary's picture (and a comment). It was meant to be funny, sort of.... (Sorry Ryan)
---
So today was supposed to be the purchase and sale agreement signing. It didn't happen, my lawyer is really slow in getting back to me with his revisions to the agreement drawn up by the seller's agent. (I guess this is typical)
---
We are shooting for Friday now..
---
(Not all that comfortable with a check that size (The 5% down payment/deposit) in my house, so I hid it really well)
---
I had to call Mom today about something family oriented... yikes!!! After I asked her what I had to she started again. "That realtor didn't impress me" (My realtor who did a reshowing of the house so my parents could see it).
---
My mother has not been happy about me buying the house since the moment I told her I placed an offer on it (and didn't consult her first). She hadn't even seen it yet and was already picking it apart. Well it's 50 years old, and um.. fair game if your looking to find fault. The cellar needs work, it's damp, the cabinets are "dated" and the rooms (for the most part) are smallish. It is not a big house (need I remind her I am single and doing this completely on my own???).
---
The fact is I aboslutely love it, and am willing to update things (provided they are not too serious .. the inspection is a week from tomorrow). And when they accepted my offer I was beside myself with exitement. She's really raining on my parade. My kids are even angry with her for that, they were there when she stormed in, immediately criticizing everything in sight.
---
at one point the realtor put her arm around me, closed her eyes and shook her head
---
I tried to explain to my mother the 1.25 acre plot alone fetches nearly what I am paying (in the town it is in). Her reply? "Why are you so bent on buying in Agawam?"
---
I give up...
---
in.other.news
---
Saturday my older son and I are heading south to NYC to see a musical on broadway.
---
He loves Ethel Merman, and from what I understand, this was one of her most famous performances. Patti Lupone is the lead in "Gypsy" and I bought us 3rd row seats.
---

---
My Dad loved Ethel too, it's so sad he passed away when I was 14 and didn't get to know his grandkids. They would have LOVED him...
---


---
So I guess this is my Way Back Wednesday pic... (I sucked my thumb lol)
---
:)
3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
It's hard dealing with family when you're buying a house. The house I just bought isn't a place that anyone in my family would ever be interested in so I figured I'd get some comments (I did). But the thing is none of them will ever live there - heck most of them will rarely even visit. If you like it and your boys like it that's all you need to worry about.

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...
Congrats on the cool cottage! VERY COOL that there is so much land around it. ENJOY IT!

And you'll love the musical.

I've been gone a while too, but I think I'm back now...for a while anyway.

Blogger vuboq said...
ZOMGz! Didn't Patty Lupone just win a Tony (or was at least nominated?) for her performance? And you have 3rd row seats? so awesome!!! Have a great time!

I hope you'll love your new home and I can't wait to read about all the things you do to make it your own!

*big hugs*