Saturday, August 16, 2008
An amazing day :)
---
We hit the 2:00 Matinee of Gypsy at The St. James Theatre in NYC
---
Patti Lupone was amazing... I really enjoyed the show.
---
Before and after we wandered around NYC.. I took some random pics
---











---
My son (who should know, he is so much more well versed on The Theatre than I) insists Ethel Merman did it better back in the day. That may very well be, but damn was Patti awesome! I absolutely loved it (and her). I am so glad he asked me to take him.
---
and..........
----
I scored floor tickets this morning to the FIRST show on Weezer's new tour. September 23rd in Lowell (where I went to college for my freshman and sophmore years).
---
Friday night I signed the purchase and sale agreement on the house I am buying.
---
What a weekend! (so far)
4 Comments:
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...
You've got to rent or buy the version with Bette Midler...fantastic!

Blogger The Persian said...
Yes, my son said Bette's performance was absolutely amazing. I bet it was!

She is Perfect for the role!!

:)

Blogger Doghigh said...
I never "got" Merman really but a friend of mine who loves musicals (of which I can't say I am a scholar either) gave me the soundrack of Gypsy. I finally understood why she had an enduring appeal, even though her belting style is pretty dated. It definitely is pretty amazing...

Blogger The Persian said...
I never understood Ethel's appeal either. I have yet to see her performance in Gypsy, but I suspect Bette is far better suited to the role. My Dad adored her and so does my older son. There must be something I've missed.