Tuesday, June 10, 2008
If you grew up in the 80's....
This song will probably bring back memories... It is a tribute to the songs Rivers Cuomo (Weezer) grew up on, and which he calls his "heart songs". It's funny how I don't really look back and get sentimental about the music from my childhood. My tastes have always had a rather modern edge, although there are some exceptions, but mainly from my teens and early 20's.
---
This song really gets to me .. Rivers and I are the exact same age so I experienced all of this and at the same time. It is really really ironic that one of his biggest inspirations was Nirvana's Nevermind.

"Back in 1991
I wasn't havin' any fun
'Till my roommate said
"Come on and put
a brand new record on"
Had a baby on it
He was naked on it
Then I heard the chords
That broke the chains
I had upon me
Got together with my bros
In some rehearsal studios
Then we played
Our first rock show
And watched the fan base
Start to grow "
---
Nirvana was and is my favorite band of all time, and Weezer is a close second. The Irony...
---
here is the full track...

Heart Songs