Friday, December 28, 2007
This is really exiting!!!

Are YOU or do you know an adoptee born in Massachusetts before 1975??
---
December 5th, our Deval Patrick (our Governor) signed into state law an amendment allowing full access to your original birth certificate. I happened upon this via a genealogy website I follow. I am an adoptee, and was born in Massachusetts. While I found my natural parents on my own when I was 20 (you can read the story here:
---
Never the less I will be writing for a copy of my original birth record as soon as I get home from work tonight. I never thought I would see the day this would happen, so... spread the word.
---
Here is an official link to Chapter 109 of The Acts of 2007
---
Here is a link to the page you will need to read/download to obtain the records:
Obtaining your original Massachusetts Birth Certificate (un-certified)
(under the word Documents, center of the Page)
2 Comments:
Blogger Lemuel said...
I know that means a lot to you!

Blogger Mikey said...
Hey Bud! Just stopped by to wish you a happy New Years!!