Sunday, November 11, 2007
incredible show last night....
We left at around 3 and got home at midnight yesterday. We ended up in the Pit, which was amazing and it was a rowdy crowd right from the start. The show opened with New Years Day,
who weren't so bad really. The lead vocalist (a girl) was kinda fun actually, I won't be picking up their CD, but I've seen much worse. They definitely have talent, just not really for me.
---
second up was Amber Pacific. The crowd started to liven up during their set, but once again, I wasn't feeling them so much. Maybe in time they might morph into something (like The Starting Line have) better.. just right now I'm not so much into the lyrics/sound.
---
third up was Hawthorne Heights ... I so love these guys, incredible lyrics, sound, just about everything except stage presence (but who cares right?) My favorite member hands down is Casey Calvert, who is one of the backup vocalists/rhythm guitar. He seriously rocks, was incredible to meet him a few months ago.
---
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus ... didn't dissapoint in the least. Had the pleasure of seeing them a few months ago and loved them then, this show was even better! Lead vocalist Ronnie Winter is amazing, hell the whole band is incredible. more than half the pit was moshing, I got knocked around quite a few times during their set, but that's part of the fun right? A couple heavy set girls attempting to surf the crowd got dropped. Yikes .... They didn't give up tho and kept at it. I got to hear Justify & Atrophy, which just finished off what I consider one of the best shows I've ever seen (and that means heaps).
---
here are some pics from my stupid Sprint Fusic phone which has a blurring issue...
---
Amber Pacific


---
Hawthorne Heights







---
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus







---
:)
2 Comments:
Blogger Doug said...
Glad you enjoyed the show so much. And awesome you ended up so close to the stage.

Blogger Ur-spo said...
charming but i will stick with la boheme.