Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Day Numero Uno...


that was my last smoke, which I had before walking into the dentists to have my final veneers (it's about time) placed yesterday. They look pretty amazing btw. I now have the smile of an 18 year old again... (yea right...) Anyway I am really edgy today.
---
Strangely I also feel out of sorts and hungrier than I can ever remember...
---
and what's up with people who make comments like

"Oh your quitting again? hahahahahaha"

or

"Good Luck ... hahahahaha"

or my favorite (from my own mother no less)

"He will never be able to quit"

(which she said to my son, if she had perhaps said it to me I might take some comfort
in that she was attempting to challenge me. Now I know she believes it.)

---
Does it really take so much to be supportive?
What is gained from making us feel like shit for trying yet again?
---
seriously... I can't think of one.
---
I am (as I said) super edgy today.

laters :)


9 Comments:
Blogger vuboq said...
I know you can do it! *hugs*

Blogger Lemuel said...
Prove her wrong!! :)
It is a real struggle, but I'll be pulling for you and believing that you can do it!!

Blogger DanNation said...
CONGRATS! I know you can do this. If you fall back into the habit (which I recently did), Donnan used Chantix (a new drug) and has not smoked for 4 months. I start Chantix next week. Keep us posted.

Blogger Akoni Chaput said...
You'll do good. It's not an easy thing to do, but once you make up your mind....it's better.

If you are hungrier than you've ever been..."eat papa, eat"

Blogger daveincleveland said...
you can do it, just keep in your mind you will do it....keep lots of celery and carrots in fridge to munch on.......

Blogger Ur-spo said...
good luck
watch your weight now
and be mindful of your hands; you'll need some new things to do for the smokes break times.

Blogger Steve said...
I know the feeling. I quit on New Year's Eve and was doing fine until April 1. It's all about behavior modification - my behavior obviously needed work. Good luck, and hope you're doing OK.

I started and stopped a couple of times. The last time is the one that counts and it's been fifteen years for me.
You can do it.

Blogger Jimmi said...
Good for you, that's awesome!