Thursday, August 23, 2007
He would have been 37 today..
(Born today 23 August 1970)
---
River Phoenix on Homosexuality
---
"It still strikes me as strange that anyone can have any moral objection to someone else's sexuality. It's like telling someone else how to clean their house."
---
I still remember exactly where I was when news broke that he died Haloween 1993, back then I had Prodigy dial up for internet (was before most people had AOL or even Windows for that matter, everything was DOS based) I remember signing on and Prodigy had his picture on their main screen. We were roughly the same age and I pretty much grew up watching his films, such a great loss.
---
I haven't forgotten.
5 Comments:
Blogger Brad said...
I too was the same age as River. I was shocked as well when he died, because he seemed like such a good, caring person. I also remember being depressed for weeks afterwards.

Blogger Doug said...
I am 37 this October. I was also shocked and sad to hear about his death. I didn't quite get it.

I loved "Running on Empty."

He was miraculous in My Private Idaho .

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...
wow....37....I remember his films and Prodigy :) He would have been a great actor.

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
Jim, thank you for posting this. River was the one actor that I always had looked up to when I pursuing my own acting career (such as it was) because I always thought he was phenomenal.

I still remember my father telling me that morning that River had died and I simply cried. He really was a beautiful person and I still miss him to some degree.

Thank you again for posting this, and making me happy that others remember him as well.