Monday, August 27, 2007
event filled weekend....


Friday a friend and I went to see Bourne Ultimatum... Why you ask? Because it was a really bad week for movies. There wasn't anything that appealed to me, except this one (kinda-sorta). I had seen the first two and enjoyed them, I wasn't disappointed (except for talentless Julia Stiles). Damon was incredible kept you on the verge of your seat throughout. From what I understand he won't sign up for any more of the Bourne flics... that's sad but I can't say that I blame him.

---
Saturday was a pool day at my aunts with the kids. Got a bit burned on my face, swam like mad, and then headed out to 99's for dinner.
---
Sunday we were off to my sisters to celebrate my step-father's birthday. The kids were bored but we held out for a few hours until the cake and then bolted out of there.
---
funny thing happened tho... a first for me
---
There were about 30 people there, most I knew, some I didn't, including this very goodlooking guy I knew that I had met but couldn't place the face. He was 25ish goatee, built and sort of shy. Half way thru the day I remembered that I had met him 3 or 4 years ago at a bar in Northampton called Diva's (It's Gay, go figure right?) and also had talked to him a couple times on Gay.C. I don't think he remembered me but perhaps he did and was not saying anything. I don't know if he's out to family, he was there with his father. Maybe I will see him online sometime and I can ask what he thought of my killa Cheesecake. :)
---
Last night I went to see The Last Legion...


---
as I said before, it was a tough weekend for flickage.. not much to choose from. I saw the previews for this during Bourne and being mad-fascinated with The Roman Empire decided I really wanted to catch this one way or anutha. It was actually very well done. The story centered around a young boy who was an heir to The Caesar dynasty late in the Roman Empire, long after it had split in two (East & West) and was set in the year 410 A.D. The young boy's claim to The Roman Empire was challenged by the invading Goth forces and the story revolves around his attempt to escape north into Brittania, constantly battling off would be captors trying to return him to Rome where he would certainly be put to death. Rent it, I mean it is no 300, but definitely enjoyable and action packed (not in the least cheesy or B-movie-esque).
---






I can't get this song out of my head ... my current addiction
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus -- Face Down


I got to see these guys play a couple weeks back in Mansfield.
---
also check out their cover of Staind's Outside...
---



---
laters
3 Comments:
Blogger Lemuel said...
I keep hearing good things about the third Bourne. It's on my list.

Blogger daveincleveland said...
gonna see it this weekend along with transformers, while the future mrs ex and daughter go out of town on a weekend go away i mean get away.....dude you so should have talked to the guy...asked him in person about your cheesecake.......which INDEED
is a killer.....100x times better than cheesecake factory

Blogger madamerouge said...
"The Asset" in Tangiers (Desh?) was HOT. Hell... most of the "assets" were hot in that movie.