Sunday, July 29, 2007

as my older son was at the beach with my mother this past week, my younger son and I got a quick lunch at 99's and then set off to see The Simpsons Movie.
---
It was pretty funny, we laughed a lot. Somehow it was not nearly what I had expected, but nevertheless we had a good time. It was really just like one long episode of the TV show, no big surprises. Afterward we drove to my mom's and picked up my older son, hung out a while and I just dropped them both home about 30 minutes ago.
---
last night I watched an amazing film, which I had not heard of and am not even sure was in the theaters for very long. Entitled "Perfume, The Story of a Murderer" it is the story of a young man with an amazing sense of smell. He is taken under the wing of an elderly Perfume designer (played by Dustin Hoffman) and through a rather grizzly procedure is able to capture the essence of a person's scent. From a dozen or so young women he is able to create a Perfume which has the power to make all fall at his feet, declaring him an angel. Set in mid 18th Century France, it is a film you should try to catch somehow or rent.



---

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (Trailer)



---
Seriously, check this one out, you won't regret it!!
---
I guess that is it for now, hope everyone had a great weekend!
:)
2 Comments:
Blogger Doug said...
Hmm...I hadn't heard of "Perfume" before. I will check it out.

Blogger madamerouge said...
I saw The Simpsons Movie on Sunday night... loved it. I keep picturing Ralph Wiggum in the Fox monolith-logo at the beginning... LOLz!