Saturday, June 02, 2007
My weekend....
I had to work Saturday till like 2:30ish....
---
I came home, ate something, cleaned up and then ran up to get my younger son for the show...
---
It was a fracking amazing show ... 2 out of the 5 bands were incredible (the 2 we went to see)
---
We got there at 4:30 and left at 10:00, Fallout Boy was on their 4th song and neither of us are much into them. I mean yea the flames shooting up from stage and them blasting up from below in unison was kinda cool, but still ..... Plus after standing 5 hours in the pit my son and I decided we needed to head out. (I think secretly he asked to go because he likes Sellout Boy about as much as I do and really was sooooo done with 12 year old girls pushing and sceaming). ---
highlights of the night... part 1 Cobra Starship
---
---

Gabe Saporta (lead vocalist) was amazing ... this kid has great talent, charisma, electricity & gave one of the best performances I have ever witnessed. Both of us love Cobra, it's sad they were reduced to the first opener (which is usually an indication they have much room to grow). More people (heaps of late arrivals) need to see these guys live. they.really.do
---
da highlights of the night... part 2 +44
---
---
a bunch of 30something year old guys with serious ties to the late great Blink 182.
---
they.were.fracking.incredible. The lead vocalist ( Mark Hoppus) especially. Once again ...great talent, charisma, electricity etc. Plus he found the fountain of youth, at 36 he still looks 22. Imagine that....
---
disappointments of the night..
---
Paul Wall was ok, not nearly as bad as I thought he would be ... he passed out heaps of t-shirts and even a $30 Grill... "what it do" got kinda old fast tho....
---
The Academy is on the other hand... all I can say is anorexia and screaming teenage emo girls. We got pushed around a lot when their set started. Some of those screaming teenage emo girls were hefty. :)
---
They were pretty bad... excuciating to watch even
---
My son and I are at a loss as to why this band has so many fans
---

so anyway...
---
Amazing show
---
more tomorrow.... in the meantime enjoy this video It's for my son Mike
---

---
:)
6 Comments:
Blogger VeryApeAZ said...
There is nothing better than going to a concert. Rock concerts are even more exciting because the energy level can get absolutely insane. No wonder you were tired. Five hours is crazy time! I love the pit. :-D

Blogger potusol said...
Sounds like you guys had a great time

: )

Blogger Doug said...
You guys go to the best concerts! Glad you had fun.

Blogger Rey Rey said...
The Academy Is...'s first album is actually pretty amazing. Check out the songs "Attention", "Season" and "Black Mamba" and I'll think you'll agree that they really know how to write them pop hooks. Their second album, not so much.

Blogger S said...
I just love a rock n roll weekend like that.
The rat and I have a rave planned for Sat night....woo hoo cant wait..
Glad to see you are well and hanging with the boys!
S

Blogger Sam said...
Sounds like a good time.