Sunday, June 10, 2007
excellent weekend...
Had some extra fundage this weekend and the kids and I went out to a great lunch @ Chili's and then hit a 2:00 showing of Knocked Up. It was hysterical, all three of us loved it. Brought back some memories too, since my ex-wife and I were about the same age (22) as these two back when she got pregnant with our first son (although the circumstances were a little different). They were reading the same baby books, throwing out (nearly forgotten) keywords like epidural, braxton hicks, and my favorite (yikes) bloody show. Ok sorry for that last one, I won't get into what it refers to. :)
---
Anyway, it was really funny (even given that it is a very long film 2 1/2 hours I think). This scene is hysterical, where she meets Ben's roomates. I love the bearded guy's girlfriend Jodie the stoner...


---
Today we had to run over to my Aunt's to help her with some stuff and then came back here to the condo. My older son and I played Zelda Majora's mask (we already beat the game on Nintendo 64 this is a promo version for gamecube I snagged off Ebay a couple years ago). . It has 4 of the Zelda games on it, everything up to (but not including) Wind Waker. I love Zelda :)
---
I have jury duty tomorrow ... ehk
---
I guess I would still rather be there than work.... even though (just like the other two times I have been called) I probably will just sit there all day and not get picked. Oh yea, come to think of it I am supposed to call tonight and see if (maybe) I won't have to serve. I don't remember ever hearing that this actually happened to anyone, but maybe...
---
*dials*
---
oh well I guess I have to report in at 8:00 .. those bastards! lol
---
That's about it I guess ... nothing new to report. Lovelife non-existant now for pretty much 6 months. I guess you have to get out or go online into chat to meet new people.. I haven't been much into either lately.
---
One good thing tho, is that because my younger son has guitar lessons every Tuesday, and I pick him and his brother up right after work, I get an extra day with them. It really is something I look forward to. I can't exactly explain it but it is incredible quality time. They are both teenagers now, and I know the time they want to spend with me will begin to lessen as they start making plans with their friends on the weekends, dating, driving ... etc. It's normal, I was the same way, as soon as I had a car I couldn't wait to get away from my parents. It reminds me of this son my biological father played for me once ... when I first met him (I was 20 at the time).
---
Listen to the lyrics if you are not familiar ..
---
Harry Chapin-Cats In The Cradle

Add to My Profile | More Videos
---
Scares the hell out of me too Harry... :(
---
so that's a wrap...
---
:)
10 Comments:
Blogger VeryApeAZ said...
I LOVE this song. It's really great. I can't wait to see Knocked Up. I love Katherine Heigl. She's my new female crush.

Blogger Doug said...
Thanks for letting us know what's up in your life. I think about you every so often, wondering how you're doing. It sounds like things overall are good. I hope so.

I've loved this song for a long time, and it's always been a sad reminder for me about how our lives pass us by, and how much pressure we feel to "succeed at all costs." It also always reminds me to call my dad.

Be well. *hugs*

Blogger daveincleveland said...
thats always been one of my favorites....love that song, yeah an can't wait to see knocked up

Blogger madamerouge said...
flashback to my dad giving me a ride to school

that song, and "The Living Years" by Mike + The Mechanics on the radio

reaching for door handle, to tumble out of car at speed

Blogger Polt said...
I've been called for Jury Duty twice. Got picked for two juries the first time, none the second. I actually enjoyed myself on the juries. Had some pretty decent people there with me, we had a good time.

Good luck.
HUGS...

Blogger Unknown said...
I went and saw Knocked Up too!!! And with my ex's son in tow, too!!!

We absolutely LOVED the movie. Hysterical!

Blogger gayborhood gringo said...
wait a sec...didn't you end this blog a while back? regardless, i am glad you are back.

and i looooved knocked up. especially cause of my bf, Paul Rudd.

Blogger DEREK said...
man i love this song, can't wait to go see this.

http://deveil.wordpress.com/

Blogger Jester said...
Thanks for stopping by my site and saying hi! I'll definitely be back. ;)

Blogger Kiss My Mike said...
this movie is fucking hilarious. oh wait, am i allowed to cuss here?

hey jim, i moved my blog to
http://kissmymike.wordpress.com