Friday, June 01, 2007
Aren't I supposed to be like all TGIF and stuff?
such a rough day...

The AC at work died three weeks ago, today (finally) they installed a new one. Of course the electrical guy has to come and check the wiring now, who knows when that will be, and then after that the Heating/AC people need to come back and turn the new system on. They are shooting for Monday. Today the room reached a temp of 88. I kid you not. Floor fans just don't cut it at that temp. It was 79 when I got in at 8AM and only got worse from there.
---
It was mega slow also...
---
then the 2nd shift guy (who comes in at 3 normally) called in late and I had to cover his shift till almost 7. You can imagine....
---
Because of The Memorial Day Holiday on Monday we all have to work tomorrow (Saturday). I am in at 8AM yet again. What sort of company gives you the day off and then makes you work a Saturday to make up for it??? Oh the same one that makes no contributions to the company 401K and maxes out your vacation time at 2 weeks (no matter how long you have been there). Funny how they still find money every year to buy each of our 11 VP's brand new luxury cars.
---
SO I work tomorrow all day and yet my younger son and I have pit tickets to a 5 band show in Hartford that night, where doors open just 1 hour after I get out. I am suspecting I will get home close to if not past midnight.
---
Let's not even go into the fact that my cell got shut off today because I got the "text message of death" two days ago and did not call them because I didn't have $180. handy to keep service going. (damn text messages) I live on a shoestring budget and have had some unexpected bills pop up of late which threw my finances into turmoil.
---
ramble ramble ramble... sorry, it has been a horrible week.
---
anyway................
---
The show tomorrow night should be amazing (not a big fan of Fall Out Boy)
I am there to see Plus44
---
and I am not too happy that this guy
---



---
is one of the openers.....
---
I got pit tickets which are selling for like 4 times what I paid now...
---
Hope everyone has a decent weekend.

7 Comments:
Blogger Polt said...
Yeah, I wouldn't be impressed with him as an opener either. Maybe you can show up a bit late and miss his....performance?

Anyway, hope it goes well for ya!

HUGS....

Blogger Ur-spo said...
sorry for the lousy week;
there will be other weeks.
hugs to you too.

Blogger "W" said...
Hey hey...

Hope the concert was awesome...hope you take time Sunday to just relax and have some J time.

Smooches!

Blogger Doug said...
Companies that so obviously favor their rich elite really piss me off.

I kinda like Fall Out Boy, though I've only heard their songs on the radio, so I don't know what else is on their albums.

Blogger madamerouge said...
I first heard of FOB on a commercial for digital music. iPod or something. Finally heard "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" on the radio. Catchy... but it made me feel old. :(

Blogger madamerouge said...
new Tori! new Tori! new Tori!

Blogger Benji said...
he still sounds smarter than certain presidential Texans i know...

well... maybe not