Thursday, February 08, 2007
This is for my son....
(an October 1840 Daguerreotype of Motzart's widow Constanze, far left)
---
moving right along...
---
I have been mega absent of late... (well at least here)
---
I miss blogging, I miss all of you guys...
---
but there were obstacles which have kept me away
---
1) Work has been insane (I've said this before, but seriously you have NO idea)
2) I have some familiar readers now, and what I mean by familiar is that people I know (my children to be more specific and yet only to name two of several)
---
Work being hectic will pass, the latter mentioned above will not
---
It is difficult to blog with the same passion given this fact, I mean self inflicted censorship is indeed a very discouraging and frustrating obstacle in the bloggersphere...
---
There are just certain things we tend to (and as parents must) keep from our children, especially in their early and pre-teen years.
---
I am not saying anything I have posted in the past has effected a negative reaction from my children (well apart from early 2006 when my elder son, thanks to his mother, discovered his father had a blog). But still, it is my kids who come first to mind first come to mind when beginning a post.
---
Anyway, I am working through all of this, I do not want to abandon this place and all of my amazing blogger friends, but have been trying to figure a way to continue given the circumstances.
---
I will not be going the dramatic route and leaving completely, deleting the blog etc. I'm still here.
---
This is where it becomes an interesting challenge..
---
I am up for it
---
Let's see what happens....
---
More tomorrow.... (and yea I mean tomorrow, not three weeks from tomorrow)
---
:)
11 Comments:
Blogger VeryApeAZ said...
Challenges rock! I think it'll be interesting to see how you meld your two worlds together. Your kids do take precedence in your life. That's great that you're such a good father and recognize that. But you'll be able to continue writing in a way that fulfills you and yet will be appropriate for your kids to see. I look forward to the reading material. :-)

Blogger Phoenixboi said...
Jim!! You have no idea how good it is to see you post something! Anything! Means your ok.. well..
I been tryin to call you mate but your not answering (remember that my call comes through as a weird number). Anyhow you'll get through this. Just shows you dont keep secrets from your kids, plus what you write about isnt going to have major impacts on their lives, except for the fact that they should know how much you love them and how lucky they are to have you as a father and for you to have them as your sons.
x

Anonymous Anonymous said...
As with others, we will be here to read whenever you can post.

I understand your outlook and your caution.

Blogger Steve said...
I've been wondering how you've been doing. Glad to know you're still kicking... we'll be here.

Blogger Doug said...
*hugs* Jimmy!

Blogger gayborhood gringo said...
Having familiar readers can be challenging. I don't even want some of my friends reading the blog. It does cause you to censor yourself even more than you normally would. I've been writing about this guy I like on my blog, and was shocked one morning when I woke up to find he had left a comment on one of the posts about him. So I immediately stopped writing about him, but have recently started back up since. At least in my case, he isn't my child.

Just think of it as a new challenge. Good luck and glad you aren't going anywhere. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I find your stories of you and your kids to be very inspiring...you will find a good balance with your blogging and I for one will keep dropping in as long as you are doing it

Blogger tornwordo said...
Tomorrow's almost over....

Blogger Benji said...
i tried to post earlier but i keep getting an "overflow" error, wtf...

nice "tomorrow" promise, lol

how you been? you ever gunna come meet me?

Blogger Joel said...
You simply have NO idea how much I can relate to this. My blog deletion and disappearance totally boiled down to one thing and one thing only...my kids. A little harrassment would have NOT moved me to delete in the least...threaten to take my kids away and yea...it is time to close shop so I totally understand. You only know the HALF of it all. We will talk sometime...I promise.

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...
Glad to see you're posting again!