Friday, February 23, 2007
Funny Friday ...
I saw this over on Teddy's blog (one of my oldest blogger buddies) and I hope he doesn't mind if I start doing this as well. He posted this hysterical old school SNL video of the Sweeny Sisters today. Hysterical.stuff. I was reminded of one of my favorite SNL skits, it came out when I was practically an infant but the repeats have been played enough for me to have laughed my butt off the first time I saw it. It starred the late Gilda Radner and was called something like "Land Shark".
---
I couldn't find it on YouTube or GoogleVideo, but here is a guy who has a whole page dedicated to it with video. Chevy Chase plays the shark. Seriously I still lost it seeing it after all these years...
---
here it is
---
so I had to make a second choice. This is a deleted scene (for what reason I am clueless) so no worries about it ruining the film if you haven't seen it.
---


---
anyway....
---
My back feels great, I have rested a lot the last few days and it seriously helped. I feel great.
---
I finished Cell last night (see yesterday's post) and while the ending was sort of disappointing all in all it will go down as one of my all time favorite King novels. I couldn't put that shite down, and that is always a great sign.
---
ur-spo asked yesterday which Stephen King novel he should start with and while that is a loaded question, I will say that my first two (which were both later made into films) were Thinner and Dolores Claiborne.
---
Bag of Bones was also pretty incredible.
---
Like I said a loaded question...
---
Yikes, it's 7:30 already. I have 30 minutes to get to work. I slept really well last night and perhaps a tad too late...
---
Have a great Friday everyone :)
---
S4 156
9 Comments:
Blogger potusol said...
I'm glad your back is feeling better.

: )

I always liked Christine. It was a horrible movie but I loved the idea of an evil car and it was another quick read.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'd have to recommend starting with either It or The Stand. They both really do a great job of showcasing his skills at the complex narrative. The shorter stuff is fine, too, but these are compelling and will draw you in to the others.

Blogger TigerYogi said...
I'm glad that you're feeling better!

As I've said before, I enjoyed Christine and The Dead Zone. The rest of his stuff creeps me out...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
glad you are feelin better! I personally liked Dolores Claiborne.

Blogger Doug said...
Keep taking care of your back, buddy. Stretch it out frequently.

I haven't read any Stephen King, either, so I'll be adding those to my ever-growing list.

Blogger VeryApeAZ said...
I'm with Chris. It or The Stand are really great starts. The Stand, in my opinion, is his best work.

I love the woman's reaction to Borat! She rocks.

Keep posting funny clips!

Sharkogram

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Your Land Shark timeline proves you're a bit younger than me. I was probably 7 or 8 and I remember watching it live!

Also, I haven't seen Borat yet (I will!) but it's almost a shame that clip wasn't in the film. While some people were shown to be pretty scummy, this lady came off so great for both responses!

Stephan King? Only read a few - the Stand (unabridged) was my first so everything after that was like a short story. Dolores Claiborne was, IMO, a perfect balance of tension and love, both the book and the movie.

Blogger Ur-spo said...
today at the used bookstore I got "Tommyknockers'
i'll think of you as I read it.

Blogger DEREK said...
Love me some Sasha