Tuesday, January 09, 2007
if there was ever a day I needed a drink..
It was yesterday..
---
Work was horrid, the calls never stopped, the velocity requests poured in all day long (we've just reached month, quarter and year end). I am performing the responsibilites of two people, on the most hectic day of the week. We are usually both straight out, so you can imagine me trying to tackle everything myself, with rigid deadlines. I was looking forward to getting home, relaxing and possibly taking a stress relieving nap...
---
I walked in the door. I smelled something. Everything was very dark.
---
FCK! They shut my electric off.
---
My Electric bills for the past year have increased more than double. I was paying 60-70 a month when I first moved into the Condo in October of '05. By the summer of '06 the bills were averaging $160-180. It has been a struggle to keep up with them. Last November I paid up the whole overdue mess ($370). Two months pass quickly. Ive been waiting for my Tax Refund to pay off the new balance. November and December's bills combined totalled $368.
---
I went to call them from my cell, and big surprise, it was nearly dead.
---
I had to get in my car and try and call them.
---
There is something also wrong with my cell, you can only charge it while off. Merely plugging it in while using it will not work.
---
I finally got them on the line...
---
Paid them the whole amount (so much for my condo fee being on time this month...)
---
She said she would have it on tomorrow before 4
---
Tomorrow???? I said..
---
"Yes, you can't expect same day service when you call after 4."
---
I made sure to hang up JUST before the first in a series of explicatives rushed out of my mouth
---
I went back inside, lit some candles, powered up my laptop and ....
---
watched it shut right down for lack of battery power
---
*sigh*
---
I had to get out of the house, possibly to the sprint store to get my phone repaired (the charging issue mentioned above, plus a broken antenna). I have full coverage for both parts and complete phone replacement. I dropped it off and they told me to come back at 8:00. I had a gift card for this kool new restaurant across the street. My friend met me and we had dinner...
---
returning to the sprint store on time ... I presented the receipt and was told
---
"Im sorry there is corrosion inside the phone, it must have been exposed to moisture. We can't touch it. We can't even replace your antenna. We could be held responsible for further damage. However, you are covered (I pay an additional monthly fee) for full replacement, give this number a call (hands me card) and you can have a new unit in two days. You don't have to send yours in until you receive the replacement. "
---
*
RING*
---
"Hello...", menu option blah blah blah, $50 replacement deductable blah blah
---
WTF? I guess I'm keeping this piece of crap a while longer...
---
I went home. I sat there in the dark, candles dimly reflecting against the walls and table.
---
I had never felt so frustrated and isolated in my life.
---
:(
---
S33 153



22 Comments:
Blogger vuboq said...
*big hugs*

and a *smooch*

Blogger daveincleveland said...
HERES A BIG BIG HUG FROM CLEVELAND DUDE.......
LOVE YA
DAVE

Blogger Rey Rey said...
Oh my... Huge hug from Jersey. If you lived closer, I'd invite you over, make a big tub of popcorn, and watch some shiftless movies just to help you forget it all.

And then we'd prank call the electric company and the phone store...

xo

Blogger daveincleveland said...
ok that, meaning the prank calls sounds like fun.........

Blogger Polt said...
Sorry, man. At least it makes my bad days seems less bad...though that does nothing for you really.

Oh, here's a hug and kiss. MWAH!

HUGS...

Blogger john said...
I'm so sorry that you had to deal with this!!!

Blogger TigerYogi said...
You poor guy. :(

I hope that things are better for you tomorrow! :)

P.S. I tried commenting earlier, but, Blogger kept insisting that I was a computer virus and wouldn't let me!!!

Blogger gayborhood gringo said...
When it rains it pours....which could account for the moisture your mobile came in contact w/.

Hope things calm down and get better soon.

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
Aw buddy! I know that feeling though. I have to admit my bills aren't that high but with winter here I've been using a space heater and well...I have 15 days to pay PG&E myself. Not to mention that my phone is about to be cut if I don't pay THEM! I swear I am about to pull out all the major ju-ju I have and ask every Diety I can think of to end all this bullshit happening for me and my friends!!!

Hang in there Jim. Things HAVE to get better. I don't know how, but I know that they will for you and me both!

I am sending out the BIGGEST Hug you have ever felt!

Blogger Joshua said...
I'm sorry, Jim :(

Blogger Steve said...
Holy Crap, Jim! That's a lot to deal with. It also makes some of the stuff I bitch about seem like nonsense. Another *BIG HUG* from New England.

Blogger DanNation said...
You have a big hug from me - what a shitty day!

Blogger Mikey said...
Man that sucks!!! I will add to all the hugs!

Blogger Rian said...
Oh fuck! I'm sorry. :(
Another hug from Germany.

Blogger Unknown said...
I wanted to come by and say Happy New Year and Merry Xmas! I have been away for a while,

Cheers!

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...
When it rains it pours...now it can only get better.

Blogger Ur-spo said...
how frustrating indeed.
I am glad though you posted it - so you know you are not isolated!

Blogger madamerouge said...
That is one large electric bill.

Blogger Spider said...
Having been there, almost being there and by the grace of God someone very special stepping in this month, I know where you are coming from - and it is so frustrating... BIG BIG warm hugs, a kiss on the neck and a whisper that it will get better... just remember you are not alone...

Blogger Benji said...
gesus, jim... well, i hope things turn around soon. i believe things balance out in the end...

Blogger M- Filer said...
God that's aweful. AT Least your getting some hugs (internet hugs) out of it.

Here's one more sent energetically your way.

Blogger Doug said...
Holy shit! I haven't heard a string of bad luck like that in a long time. Things can only get better. Each of these problems is small on its own, they just happened all at the same time. I wish I could be there to give you a hug in person, but a virtual hug is the best I can do. From the looks of things, you got a lot of positive vibes heading your way.

*hugs*