Thursday, January 04, 2007
first of all ....
---
give this film a chance , yes I know we were all sadly disappointed by The Village.
---
We bought this (because I never had time to see it during the brief time it was in theaters) on Saturday. It is an amazing film, suspenseful, inspiring, tear jerking, wonderfully uplifting. The monsters are real this time, and the acting superb. It got horrid reviews, which baffles me because I loved it so much I've watched twice in a span of three days. Seriously guys, check it out!!
---
M. Night Shyamalan had a much larger role in this film
---
---
and I'm sure not complaining ... :)
---
anyway ..
---
Yesterday was insane, just like the past three weeks here at work. My boss is out and I'm alone. Something is gravely wrong with him, he's been urinating blood for almost a month now and the doctors can't figure out the cause. I have completely absorbed his responsibilities as well as my own and even tho I have some help (basically someone to answer the other phones and take messages for me) it has been overwhelming to say the least. At the end of the day I feel like I've been hit by a PVTA Bus, all I want to do is cuddle up on the couch and sleep. Stress can do that to you, or so I'm told.
---
On a positive note, it's the bosses nephew home from College on Christmas Break who is helping me. He's a lot of fun. We get along smashingly. :) I am not going to be so happy when he has to go back. But at least for now it's something.
---
Duke's coming over tonight! We are going to cook together something chickenish and then watch a movie or two. I can't WAIT to see him. Haven't been so exited to go on a (third) date in well, years (since I was first dating my ex Victor). We talk a lot on the phone and online, he lives about 40 minutes away and that is proving to he a struggle. Not to mention he lives with this older disabled guy who pretty much has his rent covered (not so sure what to make of that one).
---
He works in Customer Service, more appropriately Telemarketing. His position is not very secure, and I would bet not so well paying. We will make a motley pair should this grow into something more serious. I have little to spare myself at the end of a work week. I mean I have no Mortgage or Car payments, but between the bills I do have and doing stuff with my kids on the weekends I just about make it. I'm not complaining, I would spend all of my extra money on them if I could, which is why I am possibly looking into working a 2nd job soon, or perhaps something that pays better. Anyway, we're two financially challenged guys. It will be all about creative fun if we do anything. Like tonight, we are hitting the grocery to buy some salad stuff instead of dining out. Actually it sounds like more fun to me anyway. I love to cook , or at least attempt to cook.
---
That's it for now ... overburdening work calls again yikes
---
Oh and I locked myself out of the condo this morning, had to call my Aunt to bring over a spare set of keys I had given her. I hope it's not an omen as to how the rest of the day will progress..
---
S28 154

16 Comments:
Blogger vuboq said...
I'll have to add Lady in the Water to my Netflix queue.

*smooches*

Blogger Lemuel said...
I know it does not seem like fun now, but somehow I look at the two financially challenged potential lovers as a good thing. It won't translate into the "High Society" kind of romance/dating, but somehow (as I think you have already had a clue) the whole thing of shopping for salad in the grocery store and being creative will lead to a more genuine relationship if it is meant to be. If he keeps coming back in the "lean years", then he's a keeper in my book.

Best of wishes, Persian! You know, I am almost as excited for you for tonight as you must be! I love a good love story! Especially those with happy endings! :)

HUGS!

Blogger Doug said...
I will definitely check out "Lady in the Water."

Hope things at work improve, and definitely thinking good thoughts for you and Duke!

Blogger TigerYogi said...
Good luck on the date! (Although the whole older guy/rent thing is kind of odd...)

I never worked as a telemarketer, although I did work for a company once where as the 9 to 5er's were leaving for the day, the telemarketers were coming in for the evening and using our desks (it was a customer service call center).

A sadder group of souls I hope to never see. There was one poor guy in a wheelchair who always liked to sit at my desk (it wasn't assigned seating) so I used to wait until he came in so that no one else would take my seat.

The place closed after only nine months, and I never saw any of them again...

Blogger john said...
I kinda liked "The Village".
I'll check "The Lady in Water" out. Have you noticed, or is just me, that films that critics hate do really well on DVD, and films that they love turn out to disappoint?

Blogger Polt said...
hehehe, locked out of your place...did that one Saturday morning at about 630 am. yeah, THAT is a GREAT way to start a day.

HUGS...

Blogger Steve said...
Don't work yourself to death! And, I hope you enjoy your evening. Details, ASAP, please.

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
I'll have to check out Lady In The Water.. that Bryce Howard is so pretty.

Um, two can live as cheaply as one.... right?

Blogger matty said...
I really enjoyed LADY IN THE WATER! I didn't understand why it failed at the box office. It was cool. I understood why the critics seemed to trash it. I think he was out for critics blood! LOL! He is a hottie!

And, hey! Hope you have/had a great third date!!!

Happy New Year!

...that sure sounds bad for your boss. I hope he is OK.

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...
Have fun with your Duke Date - cooking together can be fun, and cooking meals together can be fun too :0)

Enjoy your time together!

even if the money's tight, two can live better than one.
Good luck, you two.
Strength to you, buddy.

Blogger madamerouge said...
3rd date... excellent!

Blogger Joel said...
I got the movie from Netfix but have not had time to watch it yet. My curiosity is now piqued. Hopefully THIS weekend.

Blogger purpletwinkie said...
Good luck with the cooking (and the guy) :) The movie is a tear-jerker??

Blogger Steve said...
Oh yeah, Lady in the Water just came from Netflix yesterday... we'll probably watch it this weekend.

Blogger daveincleveland said...
lady in the water a absolute must see.........awesome movie....m night.....pretty sweet to look at too......hehehe