Saturday, December 30, 2006
allo allo...
been about two weeks since I took a small break from this place. It was a much needed break (a couple of unexpected events I won't go into sort of forced me to go into blog hibernation) I had a few things to sort out and now am ready to start blogging again. Had an amazing Christmas as did the kids, I think they got nearly everything they were hoping for. Christmas is so much more intense through the eyes of a child, something we perhaps forget as we get older.
---
Missed all of you guys heaps, I surely have much to catch up on.
---
A couple things that have happened since the December 14th pause..
---
1) It's been nearly a month since I've had a drink, even given two Christmas Parties, and three bottles of booze I won at said parties sitting in my pantry.
2) I have a date for New Years Eve. We're going to Boston. Should be fun.
---
Well that's it for today .. I'm at work till 11, something about making up for the holiday. Ugh...
---
Picking up the kids at 11:30 and then off to a fun day of shopping (they have to use all of their gift cards up after all) Between the cards and good old fashioned cash, each of them has about $250 to spend. Let's not even get into the gifts they received.
---
more tomorrow ...
---
S23 156

18 Comments:
Blogger Steve said...
I'm glad to see you're still kicking around, and glad you had a nice Christmas. Oooooh, enjoy your New Year's Eve date, and please post all the juicy details ASAP! Happy New Year, Jim.

Blogger Brad said...
Welcome back, babe! You were certainly missed! I'm glad all is well in your world.

Blogger Spider said...
Welcome back! You were missed! Can't wait to hear about New Years Eve...

Blogger Doug said...
Welcome back! Glad you and the kids had a great Christmas. And congrats on the no-drinking thing! Starting out was always the toughest for me. Now it's a habit, so I don't even really think about it anymore.

Glad you're back!

*hugs*

Blogger Polt said...
YAY!!!! You're back! I was checking in nearly every day hoping you'd be back!

Glad the respite helped! Glad Christmas went well. A date, in BOSTON for New Years! Lucky you!

Have fun (and conrats on the days of sobriety!)

HUGS...

Blogger Tay Hota said...
welcpme back.. congrats on working towards your goals of sobriety... as for comments... I removed my comments pre-beta and now that I've switched it won't let me get them back... :(

enjoy your date... :)

Blogger Phoenixboi said...
Good to see ya back! and Happy New Year mate xoxo

Blogger Lemuel said...
Glad to see you are back. I missed your posts.

Keep up the resolution! We're rooting for you, too!

Blogger Lemuel said...
Have a good time in Boston too!

Blogger Rian said...
I really missed you, glad you're back again. *hug*
Enjoy your New Years Eve date.

Blogger Ur-spo said...
hurrah! back on line!
Happy new year to you!

Blogger Mikey said...
Yay! Yay! I am glad you are back and that you had a great christmas with the kids! Happy New Year to you my friend

Blogger "W" said...
*Does Happy Dance*

Smooches and welcome back! So good to hear you're doing well and things are better.

Great way to end one year and start the next.

May 2007 bring you more happiness, excitement, and good times.

Blogger TigerYogi said...
Glad to see you back, and that you had a fab holiday!!

Happy New Year!!! :)

Blogger Brad said...
Glad you're back in time for me to wish you a Happy New Year!

Blogger Dave said...
Glad to see you back! Happy New Year! :)

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...
Many bloggers have come and gone, but I would have really missed you if you hadn't returned. Happy New Year!

Blogger Mike said...
Welcome back, and Happy New Year.