Sunday, November 05, 2006
Hysterical....
Yesterday the kids and I set off to catch :






---
I had seen the trailer months ago in the theatre and instantly knew (I love Sacha Cohen heaps) this was going to be hysterical, and it really was. I have not laughed so hard and for so long since I can't remember. There were actually points where I was still hysterical long after the scene which spurred my sons and I into fits of uncontrollable laughter had ended. Go see this, even if you think perhaps it's not your brand of comedy, you will (probably) not regret it.
---
This deleted scene (so as not to ruin it for those who haven't seen the film) is priceless. One thing I will mention is that Borat is petrified of Jewish people. Sacha Cohen is (of course) Jewish himself which kind of takes the edge off the anti-semitism. This is a clip of him trying to adopt a puppy from an animal shelter (why they left this out is beyond me).




--
The only negative thing I can say is that there is one very unnecessary scene involving Borat and his sidekick (a 300 pound 60 year old bear-like man) in which they get into a naked brawl and show waaay too much of this bear guy. I had to turn away, as did many in the theatre. Pretty disgusting (and I don't offend so easily, it's just this guy had back hair like a rug). There is quite a bit of nudity in this film so be ready for that.
---
I checked on my friend from the other night (indirectly through another friend)
he got home ok. I feel better now.
---
Have to run, my son and I are watching Resident Evil - The Apocalypse (again).
---
S1 153

8 Comments:
Blogger Rey Rey said...
I can't WAIT to see that movie!! I saw the trailer in May and nearly fell off my chair with that... and that deleted scene is soooo frickin' funny!!!

By the way, I FINALLY sent your package in the mail, so watch your mailbox this week!

Blogger madamerouge said...
every time I see a pic of him in that green... thing... I just start laughing. (And at the same time, I'm strangely aroused!)

Blogger Ur-spo said...
the movie sounds a hoot!

Blogger matty said...
this movie was sooooo funny! I loved it! Just got back from seeing it!

Blogger Jason said...
I'll need to catch this one. He seems very funny.

Blogger tornwordo said...
Looks like a fun flick. That clip was funny!

Blogger Will said...
"Borat" opened in only 800 theaters nationwide and emerged as THE top grossing film, way ahead of whatever it was that was supposed to sweep the weekend. By this Friday it will be in 2500 theaters across the country. Cohen was on the Today Show this morning and was completely, joyously anarchic, totally out of control and hysterically funny.

Blogger Jimmi said...
LOVED the deleted scene. That movie was the funniest! :)