1. My two sons
. They are the lights which illuminate my soul. When I am with them nothing else in the world is evident nor matters. Even in my darkest days I need merely look at their photograph and the sadness instantly dissipates. They are the base from which I draw every inch of strength I possess.
2. My mother
. I am thankful to have had (all of my life) the deepest love and unconditional support of the woman who may not have given me life in the biological sense, but rather has , with love and tenderness, shaped me into the man I have become today. Thank You Mom :)
3. My Gram. While she may be failing these days, not always remembering exactly who I am, I am ever thankful to have her in my life still and cherish every moment we spend together. My Gram, like Mom, has had such an impact on who I am today and I love her dearly.
4. My Stepdad
. We may have had our early ups and downs when you married Mom (I was 9), and I fought you at every angle you tried to become a loving father figure, I look back and realize everything you have done for me was (and still is) out of love. It took me until I reached adult hood to understand this, I was so afraid that my father was being replaced that I did not see who you are, the most beautiful soul you possess and how much I truly and wholeheartedly love you.
5. My Aunt. There is hardly a day we don't speak and never a moment I do not appreciate the gifts of love and support that have poured from your heart. You never had a child of your own, and are the closest thing to a second mother I will ever have. I love you.
(Gram and Auntie)
6. My Friends . I am so very thankful to have you in my life, you center my existence and bring so much laughter and happiness into my world I would be lost without you.
7. My Cat. She is loving, affectionate, and makes my nights all that less lonely. Would you believe she talks to me? (I'm not crazy lol, she actually tries to tell me things, especially when she is angry at being evicted from the living room (see cat scratch video on the sidebar)
8. My Home. I am thankful to own this Condo outright, the perfect location, size and layout.
9. My New Car. The most amazing vehicle I have ever owned, I still cannot believe it's mine and for the first time in my life with no car payments!
10. My Degree. I am thankful to have finally finished my degree (BA in History). It was a very long road, but each time I look up at that frame above my desk here I get a feeling of accomplishment. (Now to use it and get out of my current job for something better!)
11. My Blogger Friends. I would be lost without all of you guys, each and every person on my sidebar is special to me (I've been trying to tweak it down a bit because it's so big, but I never can!!) *Giant Persian Hugs*.
12. My health. I am thankful to be healthy, free of any major ailment or disease (apart from the occasional broken toe) and have the energy to keep up with my growing sons (and that is a serious workout!!)
13. To be an American. Yes I know this may sound like a cheesy thing to list to some people, but it's true. I am incredibly thankful that I live in this great Nation and am equally proud to be an American Citizen.
So last night my friend came over, we had a couple spirits and made two of my Strawberry Swirl Cheesecakes (one for my family, one for his) The recipe can be found here.
It is quite the crowd pleaser, I encourage some of you to try it! (I get hounded constantly for them lol)