Monday, October 09, 2006

Gov. W. Mitt Romney directed municipal clerks not to grant licenses to same-sex couples from out of state in March of this year. Eight couples from surrounding states challenged the decision in court. The judge sent the New York and Rhode Island cases back to lower courts. The plaintiffs from the other six states lost.

Romney praised the decision, saying at the time

"We don't want Massachusetts to become the Las Vegas of same-sex marriage."

---

This came from an article on a lesbian couple (from Rhode Island) who successfully proved their home state did not ban marriages between same sex couples. While their triumph has no impact on Mitt's edict to the town clerks of this great state, perhaps it might help get the "ball rolling" in Rhode Island. Here's hoping!!

---

Last night I met this great guy. We have talked a couple times online in the past. He invited me over to watch some TV (extreme Home Makeover & Desperate Housewives is what ended up being on, never seen either before). The conversation was pretty decent, come to find out he knows my brother-in-law's (step-sister's husband) family very well. He's a year younger than I am, works in the local Courts, is a Justice of the Peace and pretty cute as well. He also has his own amazingly huge home and is very sweet. This is the first person I have met in ages (I don't go thru with many online meetings comparatively) who I actually find common ground with and find interesting. Since I have to work today, after the 2nd show was over I said goodbye and came home.
---
I would very much like to see him again.
---
Yesterday with the kids was much like the previous day, we went crazy shopping, had a huge lunch at TGIF (their favorite) and came back here for a couple hours to chill out.
---
I've started this fascinating book, about Nel Gwyn, mistress to King Charles II (The reformation) son of the ill fated Charles I and great-grandson of Mary Queen of Scots. She had a bunch of kids with the King, and the Author is one of her descendants. A riveting book, I got pretty far before getting drowsy and falling asleep.
---
I started the Chantix anti-smoking meds yesterday. You smoke for the first week, by Monday I will be done with them. Then the dose increases double. It is supposed to have a 40% success rate (as opposed to 5% or less on the Patch or Gum & 10% on Wellbutrin). I'm ever hopeful.
---
yikes I'm 10 minutes behind my morning schedule, have to take a shower.
11 Minute post, not bad. :)
---
S6 153

10 Comments:
Blogger Rian said...
I'm glad you had a great time with that guy. I hope you're gonna meet him again soon.
And good luck for your Chantix anti-smoking meds as well.

Blogger Polt said...
Congrats on the date, it sounded wonderful. Keep us updated on any further developments. :)

Good luck on the smoking deal. Hope it works for you sweetie. And I'm sure your lungs hope so too. :)

HUGS and stuff...

Blogger VeryApeAZ said...
I can't handle the Home Makeover (or We Build a House and Make You Cry) show... Glad you had a nice date. That should give you a nice start to the work week!

Blogger Stephen said...
Been checking up with all the previous posts I've missed from being so overly worked, overly tired, overly stressed as of late. Sorry to hear about the broken toe, really hope it is one the mend. Really hope things go the way you want with the new guy. Thanks again for the other day.

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
Best of luck with the interesting guy! *grin*

Blogger Doug said...
Hope all goes well with the new guy.

And good luck on Chantix! We're rootin' for you!

Blogger Mikey said...
You're the second person today that has mentioned Chantix...I used the patch a years ago and it worked for me. I hope you and the new guy have lots of fun together.

Blogger The Persian said...
rian: I hope so too. He was just so sweet and genuine.

polty: I will for sure. I hope it works too, I'm pretty determined.

Ted: yea it was kind of sad, but it was inspiring at the same time.

hanuman: He sure is!

stephen: Sorry to hear you have been stressed buddy. *hugs*

patti: Thanks, I'm hopeful it will turn into something.

doug: It's kind of a new med, hope I don't like grow another ear or something.

mikey: really? Who else, I'd love input on how it affects people.

Blogger Benji said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Phoenixboi said...
Great news Jim!

Here's hoping that from all the shitty things that have recently happened to you that it all turns around and some wonderful stuff starts coming up for you.

See I do read... just feel like this is the first time I can say I can comment. :)

xox Hugs!