Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Way Back Wednesday... me :)




---
As an only child (and grandchild on my father's side) I am never at a loss for pictures of me growing up. It also helped that both my Mother and Aunt were camera happy people. By the time these were taken, my parents were already divorced and my father was living in Boston & New York with his lover Bob (a teacher in the Boston School system)... my Dad passed away when I was 15, but Bob still lives in Winthrop (MA). Haven't seen him in ages, but I think about him often. An amazing guy, here are a couple pics of my Father & Bob...





---
I think about what it would be like if my father was still alive. We had much in common, and were very close, despite the distance (2-3 hours) and visitation limits (Saturday 10-6). I wonder if he had any inclination... I suppose he might have, I'll have to ask Bob if I ever see him again. I don't know what has prevented me from contacting him, all these years I have never tried. I know he drives the 2 hours a couple times a year to place flowers on Dad's grave, I even ran into him there once when I was about 19 on my father's birthday. He is always skittish around me, won't look me in the eyes, stutters a bit and makes off quickly. I wonder why... I mean what has he to be shy about?? Is there something I don't know? hm....
---
Well that's it for today, I have to make a special trip over to the Big E today for my Aunt. After work I am heading up to my step-sister's for her daughter's birthday. I won't be home till late so my video post will be a short one. Have a Happy Hump Day everyone :)
---

S1 154
13 Comments:
Blogger daveincleveland said...
damn you were a little cutie when you were young, course your still a little bigger cutie..:)

Blogger Rian said...
I know why your Mom and your Aunt took so many pictures of you. It's because you're such a cutie. :-)
Have fun at The Big E, and thanks for sharing these pictures and insights.

Blogger Polt said...
Dude, you were just aDORable as a kid! Makes me wanna just pinch your cheeks.

Course, as an adult, you're still pretty hot, and I still wanna pinch your cheeks...albeit a different SET of cheeks. :)

HUGS and stuff...

Blogger "W" said...
Well, I feel weird saying you were an adorable little boy...but you were.

Glad to see you grew into an incredibly hot and sexy man.

Happy Hump Day!

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
You were/are a cutie! LMAO at Polt!
You definitely should clear the air with Bob. Have a good time and be careful :)

Blogger Jimmi said...
This is GREAT!!!! Love the pictures and love that your dad was gay too! That is awsome!!!

You should try to contact Bob..

Blogger Miladysa said...
Your father looks a little like Al Pacino in one photograph and Bob looks a little like Robert Wagner :]

I would ask as much as you can while you can. Yesterday was the anniversary of my father's death and I just cannot get enough informaton about him or my mother. As people close to them pass away there are fewer and fewer people who can share their memories with me.

Blogger Abigail said...
Yesterday I met a "Bob" from another family. He was talking about the daughters of his own partner, missing them, wanting to contact them, but feeling like he didn't want to intrude or force things....that are adults, he tells himself, THEY would have contacted him if they were interested in maintaining a relationship. Who's to say the daughters are not contacting him because they are assuming the same thing about him?

Blogger Donald said...
you were a cutie when you were young......and still are!!

Maybe you remind him of your dad, just a little bit.That might be enough to rattle him, just a little bit.
And you were cute from the beginning.

Blogger Brown eyed girl said...
You are so adorable.
I love all of these pictures!
~xo

Blogger DEREK said...
I was thinking what Daniel wrote. and what Lee ann wrote too! :)

Blogger DEREK said...
Call him!