Thursday, September 28, 2006
I'm so tired this morning...

last night my son and I went to this amazing show down in Hartford. I hadn't been to this place before (The Webster Theatre) and because they had two stages, we missed the first (and most important to me) group, instead watching 5 small shows by local bands which were actually pretty decent. I've already seen The Hush Sound anyway (when they opened for Panic! last July) but still....they were the initial reason I snagged the tickets a while back. The three we did see were:

Daphne loves Derby
Copeland
Jack's Mannequin

I am falling more and more for Copeland and they were pretty amazing. But the highlight of the evening was definitely Jack's Mannequin, which I have been listening too pretty consistently of late in anticipation of the show. The lead singer Andrew McMahon (also of Something Corporate) set the room on fire, this kid has so much passion and sent the crowd into a fury I haven't seen in a long time. He is recently recovering from Leukemia, and donated the entire proceeds of the show to Cancer research. If you haven't checked them out, here's is a clip that started the show (the studio version of course, boots aren't up yet) :

Bruised

---
Standing for 5 hours straight on the cement floor took it's toll on us, at first I thought it was just me, but right before the last song my son told me he couldn't stand there anymore and we moved up toward the door which was carpeted and also had a place for him to sit. His mother called like 10 times, since it was a school night and she was kind of pissed off. No more mid-week shows during the school year I guess.
---
So Mike/Mikhail called last night at one point, obviously I didn't hear my cell and well wouldn't have answered anyway. He said that he had an incredible time last (Tuesday) night and thanked me, once again asking for my email address and this blog's url. I think giving him the blog addy would be a pretty cruel thing to do, hopefully he doesn't find it himself.
---
10 more useless things about me...
(I'm building up toward 100 remember)

21. My adopted father was an Interior Designer with his own Boston firm.
22. My natural father designs Cabinets.
23. I have a size 12 foot
24. I have a unibrow
25. my favorite color is Green
26. I've been in two back-to-back relationships since my divorce lasting 3 years each and live-in since nearly day 1. The both ended badly and neither speak to me anymore.
27. I love Puerto Rican food and can make Arroz con Gandules to perfection.
28. The two most amazing cities I have ever visited were Copenhagen, Denmark and Toronto, Ontario.
29. I am not a beach person, I mean I love the ocean, but not sitting on a blanket roasting away.
30. I sleep fully dressed, even when I was not single. Which usually pissed my exes off.

---
HNT

Click Here

---

S2 155

16 Comments:
Blogger daveincleveland said...
damn dude you are a great dad, and sometimes even if its a school night ya gotta do those things with your kids......wish i had done more.......and yeah, toronto is an awesome city...have a good day..:)

Blogger lime said...
the effect on the first one makes it interesting. fun facts. toronot has a large trinidadian population from what i understand.

HHNT

Blogger daveincleveland said...
ok missed that one totally...like the first one but really like the 2nd one..........

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
You totally rock as a Dad!
Well if you haven't given him the blog address and he finds it, his fault, not yours. Yeah i'm kinda mean like that :)

Blogger Polt said...
Nice photo...although I notice lately they've been blurry. If you need someone to hold the camera steady, I'LL volunteer! :)

Oh, #28, yes, Toronto IS an amazing city, and I'll be on my way there as soon as I finish typing your comment here!

HAPPY HNT!

Blogger Wenchy said...
I also love the ocean, but not the beach.

Blogger Stealth said...
HHNT!!!!

Blogger Rian said...
Giving him the address of this blog would be mean somehow. But you gotta do something to let Mr. Bean know that your impression of that evening was quite different, otherwise he'll call you again and again and it wouldn't be fair either.

I'm afraid to sound too stupid, but I wasn't able to find out yet what the last number in each post means. And I'm thinking about it every day...

By the way, I really like your "facts".

Blogger Unknown said...
Live shows are the best! Sounds like it was a great show.
I am going to the Scissor Sisters ont he 7th and its going to be the third time I have seen, cant wait!

Blogger daveincleveland said...
hey marko just bought their new cd last night, my first for them....damn do they rock and is he hot........would love to see them

Blogger Spider said...
Copenhagen IS the most wonderful city in the world!

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
Well Hush Sound is coming to my area soon. I'm just hoping that I can get tickets/be able to go. I don't know who they're coming with though cause I just found out about the concert.

This Mike guy sounds pretty damn persistant. In the back of my mind though it's reminding me of a pest you had before ya know? Just be careful ok? If it were me, I wouldn't even give him the email adress....but that's just me.

Glad to hear that you had a great time, and I know what you mean about standing at a concert for that long. I usually start fading out mentally towards the end heh. Luckily for me, my buddy Dan got us actually seats for seeing Bob Dylan next month! WOO HOO!

Hope that you're having a great day and I'll talk to you soon!

p.s. Come to SF and see if you like it as much as Toronto ;)

Blogger purpletwinkie said...
I love green. Whoa... size 12... you know what that means, right? ;)

Blogger Mikey said...
I am so number 29. Green is my fav as well, but I sleep naked.

Blogger Kalv1n said...
Wow. It sounds like he's not quite getting the hint. And I always have problems doing midweek things in moderation. I just like to party when I party. But then again, you did have your son with you. Glad you had a good time.

Blogger john said...
I'm not a beach person either. I don't this list is "useless" information. It's a fun getting to know you list.