last night my son and I went to this amazing show down in Hartford. I hadn't been to this place before (The Webster Theatre) and because they had two stages, we missed the first (and most important to me) group, instead watching 5 small shows by local bands which were actually pretty decent. I've already seen The Hush Sound
anyway (when they opened for Panic! last July) but still....they were the initial reason I snagged the tickets a while back. The three we did see were:Daphne loves DerbyCopelandJack's Mannequin
I am falling more and more for Copeland
and they were pretty amazing. But the highlight of the evening was definitely Jack's Mannequin
, which I have been listening too pretty consistently of late in anticipation of the show. The lead singer Andrew McMahon (also
of Something Corporate
) set the room on fire, this kid has so much passion and sent the crowd into a fury I haven't seen in a long time. He is recently recovering from Leukemia, and donated the entire proceeds of the show to Cancer research. If you haven't checked them out, here's is a clip that started the show (the studio version of course, boots aren't up yet) :
Standing for 5 hours straight on the cement floor took it's toll on us, at first I thought it was just me, but right before the last song my son told me he couldn't stand there anymore and we moved up toward the door which was carpeted and also had a place for him to sit. His mother called like 10 times, since it was a school night and she was kind of pissed off. No more mid-week shows during the school year I guess.
called last night at one point, obviously I didn't hear my cell and well wouldn't have answered anyway. He said that he had an incredible time last (Tuesday) night and thanked me, once again asking for my email address and this blog's url. I think giving him the blog addy would be a pretty cruel thing to do, hopefully he doesn't find it himself.
---10 more useless things about me...
(I'm building up toward 100 remember)
21. My adopted father was an Interior Designer with his own Boston firm.
22. My natural father designs Cabinets.
23. I have a size 12 foot
24. I have a unibrow
25. my favorite color is Green
26. I've been in two back-to-back relationships since my divorce lasting 3 years each and live-in since nearly day 1. The both ended badly and neither speak to me anymore.
27. I love Puerto Rican food and can make Arroz con Gandules to perfection.
28. The two most amazing cities I have ever visited were Copenhagen, Denmark and Toronto, Ontario.
29. I am not a beach person, I mean I love
the ocean, but not
sitting on a blanket roasting away.
30. I sleep fully dressed, even when I was not
single. Which usually pissed my exes off.