I so hate being back at work today. Even three day weekends aren't long enough these days. (Ok so I'm a lazy sod but still). It seems for some reason my life is flying by with an ever increasing pace. This always happens when I'm drinking on a regular basis. It's like I get home at 4 and woooooooooooooooooosh
I'ts time to get up and go to work again, then it's 4 again and I'm driving home, only to repeat the cycle. I really want to join a gym or something, get into a cleaner
routine. I should start walking, after all I have an Ipod (or five
) and could catch up on some of my favorite podcasts.
I just found out my old house (some of you might remember the posts I made about where I used to live before moving into the condo) is being sold, ripped down and a Pizza shop will be built on the lot. That old shack holds so many memories, most of which are negative. My ex-wife used to say it was cursed. I think she's not so far off the mark. The man who built it (by hand evidently, and not so well) died in the upstairs bedroom, I think he haunts the place. Nobody who has ever lived there has been happy (myself included)... here is the list:
1. The builder Ezra Granger and his wife Mildred (he left her a widow at age 47).
2. My parents (they moved in just before I was born/adopted) and divorced by the time I was 3.
3. My single dad (after the divorce). He was a broken lonely man and died of a cocaine overdose while living there, age 41.
3. My spinster Aunt. She is still unmarried at 58.
4. My ex-wife and I (I'm not even going to go into that one)
5. My 1st BF (we did so well until moving into the house after my ex-wife and kids moved out)
6. My 2nd BF (sadly I think we were doomed to fail since day 1, we never spent a night apart in the three years we were together) He "officially" moved into the house after about 2 weeks. Talk about an intense relationship.
7. Me (after those three relationships above) I think Ezra came with me cause I'm still not exactly in the best place.
the house is owned by this realty trust thing created by my grandfather and the trustees have decided to sell. I want to be there when that wrecking ball hits.
that's about it for today...
except one question for some of you....
Is You Tube's deviant little brother (and near namesake) becoming a huge part of your free time? Ugh...it's like I can't stop going there!! I've even neglected my blog because of it. Maybe I should get out more, start dating.... yea ok, I'll get right on that.