Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yikes I've been neglecting my blog of late. I don't think I have ever gone this long without a post. It just seems like life has been super busy lately and well, I've been working on a couple projects. The biggest of which is a huge database I am compiling for one of my genealogy sites. It is essentially every family that lived in this small Sicilian town from about 1530 to 1905. You can imagine the scope of such an undertaking, but luckily I have copied and scanned the records (something like 50 volumes) over the past few years and there are a few other volunteers.
---
I had the kids overnight this past weekend. We saw Talladega Nights Saturday



I don't really like or enjoy watching Will Farrell (or Robin Williams, Jim Carey, Jack Black etc etc etc .. you get the idea) but I laughed my butt off. I was really surprised, even more so because I had no idea Sacha Cohen (Ali G) was in it. He doesn't look so well, I wonder if he is sick or something. I think it was more the supporting cast than Will which did it for me, I know many people will look at the trailer and think the worst, but seriously .. it was hysterical.

---

Where is everyone going? The blogging world is losing so many of my favorite people. I guess the time probably comes for everyone to stop eventually, but never the less it's kind of shocking when people you follow every day decide to call it quits. I recently decided rather than give up completely I would just blog when I got the chance instead of making it a routine every single morning as I have in the past. It's working pretty well so far.

---

I had yesterday off from work (and the next two Monday's as well .. using up vacation days before September 1st when they renew) I picked up the kids and went to mom's to do laundry. Jesus I had tons to do (it's been maybe two months), luckily I have way too many clothes and never ran out of something to wear. I hate the situation when you live in a condo or apartment and can't just do laundry whenever you like. I mean the (community) machines downstairs are a royal pain (and kind of gross) and it is equally inconvenient to drive the 20-30 minutes to Mom's or Aunt's to use theirs. When I had my house (last year) this was never a problem, and I had big ass machines too (left over from when I was married, Mom bought us the largest available because we had small children, you could do like 20 towels in one load) .

---

Tori Tuesday..

it's been a while since I've participated in this theme day. I'm running late right now (what else is knew) so I am throwing up one of my favorite tracks off Boys For Pele (her third official release). I think it's appropriate for the current time & situation. An amazingly well written masterpiece...

Muhammad my friend

---

S1 160

3 Comments:
Blogger Steve said...
From the looks of my blogroll, there are quite a few people giving up blogging. Even Chris says that right now, he's not planning on spending too much time on his. Hope you are well, by the way.

Blogger john said...
Hmm, I've gotta go and watch Telladega!

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
I laughed my ass off at Talladga Nights also. It is good comedy :)