Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Way Back Wednesday... my teen years



Ok so in the past WBW has usually been photos & stories of my ancestors, but of late I have felt like making it more about my own past. The first two pics are from a trip my girlfriend (and subsequent wife) took to Newport, Rhode Island just after Senior Prom. I have always loved Newport, because two of the homes on display were built by Gram's distant cousins (see this post, scroll down to Gloria) Needless to say we were both 18 (being three weeks apart in age), wait we were 17, we didn't turn 18 until after graduation. The third was when we both worked at Riverside Park (Now Six Flags New England). You can just about make out my uniform collar. We were probably 19 or 20 then. How fast the time does fly...it seriously feels like yesterday...

---
So tonight I rented & watched Underworld-Evolution. I recently borrowed Underworld from this guy I work with, and loved it, UE is even more incredible. I guess my background in History & Genealogy may have had something to do with why I am fascinated by both of these films, and of course Scott Speedman didn't hurt either....


---
so I thought maybe as a bonus (I've done this in the past also) I would upload a clip of a song which for me represented my late-teen years. My Friend Danelle introduced me to this group sophmore year of high school, they had been around for a long time by then, but I fell big time. So...here it is, if you knew me way back then I most likely would have been listening to this:

Let's go to bed

---

S1 162

15 Comments:
Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...
Sometimes....I can't believe that the 80's were over 20 years ago.

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
Ooooo...Robert Smith! God he looks good in that picture. I've always loved their music since I first heard them.

Jeezo buddy...how the hell did 20 years go by so fast? :)

oh....and the clip on Phoenixboy's site is from a movie called Eating Out (available from Netflix hehe). Talk to you soon!

Blogger potusol said...
Underworld Evolution was awesome and lots of fun. I could NOT get anyone to go with me to see it. GRRRRRRRR......

: )

Blogger NeiLDC said...
Hey Buddy,
Welcome back.,now i know that your on the line again.. i never thought that you have already,. i miss the previous post but i will read then..
Im feeling sad right now.. hope you drop by my blog buddy!

Blogger Steve said...
Loves (!) The Cure. Especially, 'Staring At The Sea: The Singles.' Happy Mid-Week!

Blogger Polt said...
Dude, you were adorable back then. (you're not adorable now, now you're just plain hot!)

I'm sorry but I thought Underworld Evolution was horrible. Just atrocious. The only redeaming thing, I thought, was the amount of screentime Scott Speedmen had shirtless.

Love the cure! The Love Song is my favorite sappy song.

Hugs, cutie!

Blogger Larry said...
There you are! Dude, I was so bummed when your old blog disappeared! I just made sure to add a link to this blog. Try not to blow this one up, OK :)

Blogger john said...
I use to love The Cure. My favorite song was "Lullaby".

Blogger Scott E D said...
How I long for the days of aquanet and eyeliner.

Blogger Donald said...
Great pictures :-)

Blogger madamerouge said...
I like the new colours and template!

Blogger Kalv1n said...
Maybe I'll have to look into this movie. I really like seeing pictures of you from the past. Always fun. And I can't believe you knew your wife at such an early age.

Blogger OLY said...
The Cure reminds me of school and hanging at the beach..

Hope your enjoyin the summer!

You know the sicilian in you keeps you lookin young as you did back then.. xox

Blogger DEREK said...
So cute way back and NOW!

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
I'm with the gay dude, It's hard to believe the 80's are so long gone. I like your WBW pics! You're cute :)