Tuesday, August 08, 2006
So.. yeap, I snagged tickets (they weren't comp. like The Damien Rice show) to the September 2nd Staind show at Mohegan Sun. They are local boys here in Western Mass, so it's going to be a seriously amazing show for me. I'm taking my younger son, who is beyond exited. This kid is pretty lucky, because not three weeks later we will be seeing The Hush Sound, Jack's Mannequin and Copeland in Hartford. It just worked out that way, I've introduced him to so many bands, when I hit one he likes, I try and bring him to a show. Staind is one of those bands, Big Time. And as for his older brother....

We are going to NYC in October (I just bought the tickets for his birthday) to see The Drowsy Chaperone on Broadway. He is a big fan of Musicals (he's teaching me much) and had a choice of about 20 current shows to see, he chose this one. It was a hard choice for him because both The Producers and Chicago were on the list (his favorites). I haven't been to a play or musical on Broadway since my own dad took me to see The King & I back when I was very young (my father passed away when I was 15). Yul Brenner was The King, it was close to the end of his life, as a matter of fact he passed away not long after we saw him (he had originally starred in the musical in 1956!). I really can't wait.
---
I love spending time with my kids individually, it's a serious bonding point.
---
I had yesterday off, and was able to accomplish tons, I cleaned every room in the condo (except my bedroom.. that's a project in itself) , went for an incredibly long power walk, helped my aunt hook up some speakers to her humongous new TV, and came home just in time for my own happy hour. (The drinking thing is starting to become a problem, but that's another post). I wasn't alone, a friend came over.
---
I twisted my ankle pretty badly today, getting out of the car, my foot sort of got caught and the ankle laid flush with the pavement (the visual is perhaps worse than the actual event). It was pretty painful at first and then I felt fine. I think it is going to be one of those delayed things because it hurts tons at the moment. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage.
---
Oh yea and about the date the other night, let's just forget I mentioned it.
---
Laters :)
10 Comments:
Blogger Kevin said...
From what I've seen of the show, you both will love it.

Blogger Kiss My Mike said...
i'm glad to hear that you are spending quality time with your kids. that's really sweet, i think.
anyways, i haven't seen a lot of musicals myself but i liked the lion king.

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
Awww you are the Coolest.Dad.Ever.
Your boys are so lucky!
Boo for the ankle and how can we just "forget" about the date LOL

Blogger Unknown said...
Having never known my Dad, its nice to read that you are a good one!
Its funny you mentioned the King and I, I just watched it last night on AMC, lol!

Blogger Kalv1n said...
And here I was just waiting for an update on the date. Sigh. That's very exciting about NYC. Hopefully it will go off without a hitch. And sorry about the ankle.

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
Well now I feel all out of touch because I don't know that musical. Jesus but I've been away from theatre too long.

I haven't heard Staind before (yeah I know), but in that picture, the guy in the upper left....yum! hehe

Ok, didn't I tell you no more injuring yourself?! Sheesh, do I have to fly out there? ;)

I call you soon. Wanna catch up on stuff.

Blogger OLY said...
Hmm... "friend" + "drink" = ??

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I REALLY like your blog!!! It's so very fun, interesting & entertaining! Thats AWESOME that you're going to Staind, LUCKY YOU! Thats really wonderful that you're spending time with your children. What a wonderful Father!! :o) O wow, I really hope your ankle gets better SOON & that it's not hurt too badly!!I read your comment on Michael's blog, thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it A LOT!!! :o)

Blogger Donald said...
I LOVE Broadway musicals. Living in Toronto I don't get to see too many but I have great memories of seeing Hugh Jackman in "The Boy From Oz", the final performance by the original cast of "A Chorus Line", and front row seats at "Rent".

Blogger Kevin said...
OMG yes, you will LOVE "Chaperone."