Thursday, August 03, 2006
The range of temps in New England...
January


Yesterday
---
This is why you just have to love the Northeast, our seasons range in temp almost (and I suppose on occasion more) than 100 Degrees. The last few days have been completely miserable, luckily at work they keep the thermostat at about 65/70 (It's the IT department) and at home my two air conditioners have kept me comfortable, but in between is stifling.
---
I also learned looking at these pics I've put on almost 10,000 miles on my car in 7/8 months. It was new (37 Miles) when I bought it a year ago this past may so that means I had put on 10,000 in the 8 months previous to January (at least I'm consistent). I guess I am pretty much into a driving routine, apart from work and back daily, I have the trip to pick up my kids on the weekend and mild driving around while I have them. Luckily living here in this centrally located condo, I am close to any possibly necessity and much more. I wonder what the average yearly mileage is... I will have to check it out later. Now moving on to an ever popular blog topic of late..
---


This pathetic hypocritical motherfucker (yea this is the first time I've ever used that word here, and as you would imagine it's not so common in my vocabulary). I just can't believe this guy, no really I can't. Some will say he was messed up at a young age by his incredibly dillusional father Hutton (who is clearly an anti-Semite and all around despicable person), and that he's been battling internal demons his entire adult life by "self medicating" himself with alcohol. I've been there, I've battled alcoholism, I have said things I regret, NONE however were things I secretly didn't feel and mean, I was just "empowered by the glass" to let them all out.

and so he expects us to buy this load of crap:

"There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of anti-Semitic remark," Gibson said in a statement issued by his publicist. "I want to apologize specifically to everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words that I said to a law enforcement officer the night I was arrested on a DUI charge." (Watch a new apology from Gibson -- 1:30)


In the statement, Gibson said, "Please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot." (Read the full statement.)

Thanks CNN (read one of the articles here)

Let's not even go into the Homophobia thing, it just seems like overkill, but no wait, he saved face on that one somehow.

Ok so I went there, and as I need to be fair, this is an interesting response to Mel's alcohol induced tirades...

---

I don't know why everyone is in an uproar. You can't tell me the majority of the powerful in Hollywood aren't disparaging sexes or races behind closed doors or over drinks. They just haven't gotten caught. He's an alcoholic, he said terrible things, he needs serious help. He'll definitely change his ways if everyone turns his back on them - that's definitely the best example to set. Hollywood is a bunch of hypocrites that will enable "stars" to do bad things until they get caught out in the open. And then they act like they never met or liked you. Very few people in Hollywood have a right to be self-righteous.
Posted by: LSU98 08/1/2006 11:24 AM (Here is the full page)

---

That's enough for now, my drink is getting warm. :)

7 Comments:
Blogger Steve said...
It's been hotter than hell here, too. Lately, I've been wearing shorts - sans underwear, to work. I've never been the 'commando' type, but I'm really, really liking it. Really.

I have trouble doing the commando thing. If I do that my business just plasters to the side of my thigh.
Oh, that wasn't the topic?
Oh yeah, Mel! He's got to do some serious offloading of mental shyte before he's gonna be successful at staying off the sauce.
I think he needs to get in touch with his inner gay jew.

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...
I've never liked him for some reason so this finally give me a reason.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I don't like the commando thing either; I need something holding things in place.

I think Mel Gibson is a jerk.

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
I always like Mel and was deeply saddened to find out this side of him, but I suspect i'd be deeply saddened by many "celebrities" I like. Such is life.

Blogger OLY said...
Your so lucky you have no idea! Get out in it!!! ENjoy it before the freeze comes and ure freezin ure ass off again in snow.

Mel Gibson is just trying to save his career due to the amount of influential Jewish people in Hollywood. If he had said the same about Muslims would they be in such an uproar? HE is a jerk but so is the majority of hollywood.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hmm...what happened to HNT? Perhaps since it's so hot and there's all this talk of going commando, maybe you should do a makeup one with a little demonstration.