Friday, August 25, 2006


off to Rhode Island after work tonight to celebrate my step-father's birthday with my family. My sons are already there with mom. God I hate that 2 hour drive. Hopefully the weather holds up. Tomorrow night they are having some huge barbeque and I was supposed to make a cheescake. Well, I screwed up and the crust burned. It's all a learning experince, less butter next time and never ever try to do 2 (or 4) cakes at once. I tried a piece anyway (well since I obviously wasn't bringing that one down) oh man it was amazing.
---
So the bosses nephew made yesterday his last day. I have to say I am kind of sorry to see him go. He made me laugh, and well definitely livened up the department. Who knew we would get along so well when he first started in this department? He decided to take what's left of the summer off. Good for him (I wish I could do that hehe).
---
So I am totally alone today, my boss is out and as I said the kid "quit" yesterday. It's kind of slow here .. Friday's usually are. I guess I don't have much to else to report.
---
So here are some fun
(and somewhat interesting) factoids:

Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning

Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

The inventor of the flushing toilet was Thomas Crapper.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.

During World War II, IBM built the computers the Nazis used
to manage their death/concentration camps.

The number of people alive on earth right now is higher
than the number of all the people that have died. Ever.

Men can breastfeed babies

There is a rare condition called Exploding Head Syndrome
which you have probably never heard of.

Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of
Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.

The Population of the world can live within the state boundaries of Texas.

Plastic lawn flamingos outnumber real flamingos in the U.S.A.

Tourists visiting Iceland should know that
tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult!

The green stuff on the occasional freak potato chip is chlorophyll.
2,500 lefties die each year using products designed for rightists.

Napoleon was terrified of cats.

Russia has the most movie theaters in the world.

The stall closest to the door in a bathroom is the cleanest, because it is the least used.

If you put a raisin in a glass of champagne,
it will keep floating to the top and sinking to the bottom.

Nondairy creamer is flammable.

It's rumored that sucking on a copper penny
will cause a breathalyzer to read 0.
---
CRANK CALL FRIDAY
-
Mr. Rosenberg is selling some lawn and garden items. He places an add which is answered by an older gentlemen who has a bit of an attitude even before having a round with crazy Sol. It's pretty funny how frustrated the old codger gets.
-
---
S1 161
11 Comments:
Blogger The Persian said...
Well they came from a very reputable site! lol :)

Blogger Donald said...
Some very interesting facts there!

Blogger Steve said...
I knew about he non-dairy creamer thing. It was one of the few experiments in biology class that made me pay attention. I used to show how it's done at parties, too. Me: always a blast. Anyway, hope you have a great weekend at the beach.

Blogger OLY said...
Hey mate I been trying to call you and leavin you messages on yahoo.. you ok? Miss ya..

Oh God, how I love cheesecake.
Hey, I didn't forget about sending you some info on my dad. things have just been a little weird around here lately.
xo

Blogger tornwordo said...
Glad to see you back! Have fun in RI.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'd love a vacation. Being unemployed does not count as a vacation, especially when you're as busy or busier than when you're employed!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'd love a vacation. Being unemployed does not count as a vacation, especially when you're as busy or busier than when you're employed!

Blogger Bloooog said...
I've totally tried the apple thing to wake me up in the morning and it didn't work. Perhaps if I had washed it down with a cup of coffee... hmmm

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
Now you have me all paranoid about being left-handed!

Blogger Kelicious said...
GO Texas!!!