Saturday, July 15, 2006
Today is a very special day..
One year ago, July 15, 2005 I began blogging. Initially it was to eliminate Alcohol, Cigarettes and Carbohydrates from my life. Well I stuck with the Alcohol and Carbs for 6 months, the smoking on the other hand wasn't so easily tackled. For the first couple months I hardly had a reader or comment, which was fine as the purpose of the blog was to organize and document my progress. One day I stumbled upon a blog and that was the beginning of the end.
---
His name was Brian and he was the first Gay blogger I had encountered to that point. I think it must have been August of last year. Soon after I started checking out some of his friends, posting comments on other blogs for the first time and well, the rest is history. I found and formed friendships with some pretty incredible people, and my blog began evolving. I started sharing more and more about my personal life and eventually it became a daily routine for me.
---
Then in April of this year my ex discovered the blog, sharing it with my two young sons and all hell broke loose, although not initially. I kept blogging for two months, until the day came where my older son told me he no longer respected me, that he didn't want to see me again and that I was leading a "deviant" lifestyle. I still kept blogging, even though my heart was certainly not in it anymore and I felt compelled to censor my posts and began losing the desire to continue. That is when I removed my blog. Immediately it was picked up by a spam engine who still owns it apparently. I guess they track blogs with sizeable hits and when they are deleted immediately scoop them up. Oh well, there is not so much I can do about it in any case.
---
So here I am again, on the anniversary of the creation of my original blog, which has been gone since June 2nd. It really isn't so much time but feels like years to me. I miss you all, I haven't even been able to read your posts. I was for a while after but they made me terribly sad for obvious reasons. Enough time has passed and well, I have reconciled with my son, and things are so much better now. We are closer than ever.
---
I've been drinking a lot of late, and well, probably gained 15 pounds. So, on this, the anniversary of my first attempt to get Dry*Free* and Lean, I start the mission yet again. Wish me luck! :)
9 Comments:
Blogger Kalv1n said...
Are you going to do the exact same mission? I'm so excited to see you back!

Blogger OLY said...
You have no idea how happy I am sitting here reading this!..
Mate you are my inspiration.
Keep blogging never stop.
Im happy that your back, Im happy your speaking with your son again. Im even happy you have gained 15 pounds!
BIG BIG BIG hugs to you bello.
I love you lots.
xo

Blogger Joel said...
Welcome back...we've missed you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Welcome home!
Two quick questions though:
1) What is this about a "spam engine"?Isn't intellectual property protected?
2) Do you really think 15 extra lbs. on your frame is too much?

Blogger Kevin said...
Welcome back. And I think you look just fine.

Blogger Polt said...
YAY! You're back! I have seriously MISSED you man!

It's GREAT to hear you've reconciled with you son!

This is all such great news, I'm sitting smiling like an idiot over all this!

Welcome back!

HUGS

Blogger madamerouge said...
:o)

I missed you while you were gone. I'm happy you're back. And honestly dude, even packing an extra 15 pounds, you're lean.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm so glad to see that you're blogging again!