Tuesday, July 18, 2006
So far so good...




I emailed the one I talked about yesterday and explained everything, I haven't heard back (which is a good thing for sure). I want this very much to be over after a day of contemplation, let's hope it is.

---
Yesterday was unbearable here, temps were well into the high 90's and the humidity was up near 100%, even still I managed to walk the 2 1/2 miles on my lunch break with a co-worker, I was completely drenched. It felt amazing.
---
a friend came over later in the evening, we made the most amazing chicken salads and watched (he hadn't yet seen it) this film which I picked up a few years ago..


Back about 5 years ago a good friend suggested that my ex and I rent a movie called Billy Elliot. Initially when I saw the box I didn't think it would be something I could sit through, I mean I am hardly into Ballet, nevermind that the storyline seemed a bit boring. I had no idea. There are few films that I can watch more than once which have the same effect on me each time, and this one brings me to tears (seriously I don't cry so much). They aren't tears of sadness, but rather the sort that come out when something moves you (in a positive way) to the point where your emotions take over no matter how much you might not like them to. This film, it's message of unconditional love and sacrifice, is one of the most incredibly moving works I have ever seen, if you haven't rented it, make a point to, ignore your initial reaction when reading the box and give it a chance, you will not regret it (unless you are en empty shell with no feeling, and in that case, you're hopeless! I'm kidding!) My friend loved it of course, and I saw him tear up at least once (this guy NEVER gets emotional in public, if that tells you anything)

---

The Hush Sound


Maybe some of you remember back in May I snagged tickets to a Panic! at the Disco show in Boston (July 2nd). It was phenomenal, but something happened I never expected, one of the openers completely amazed me, to the point where I listen to them twice as often as Panic! now and immediately ordered their CD. The group is called The Hush Sound (I had to link their myspace page because apparently the main site here has had so many hits, it's exceeded some sort of monthly limit) In any case check out their video for Wine Red. Or if you are video challenged, here is my favorite track of late: (I can't plug these guys enough!)

---

Sweet Tangerine

(click above to play)

Rain falls, quickly wetting my hair and clothes
My cries fall upon her deaf ears more tears
Let me in, please it's cold I'm freezing out here, I miss you my dear
You're all his and I'm all yours, like it or not, I'm all you've got

Everyone will make mistakes
Without the sour the sweet just ain't as

Sweet tangerine, will you please come back to me?
Cause I don't think that these feelings are gonna leave

Light cuts through the clouds and haunts me, like bad dreams
Outside lookin' in I'm feeling lost and cold as sin
A shred of hope a little bit of sweetness - anything please, except for defeat
If I could I'd lock you up and toss out the key, it's just you and me

Everyone will make mistakes (and I know I have)
Without the sour the sweet just ain't as

Sweet tangerine, will you please come back to me?
Cause I don't think that these feelings are gonna leave (yeah, yeah)
Sweet melody, you'll be singing in your sleep
But this time you're not listening to a word I say

Crept through the curtains, as quick as the cold wind
Slowly exploring the room where you sleep
The stare of your portrait, the passing of your scent
Left me no choice but to stay

I will dissolve into the dark beneath your bed
My hands will wait for a taste of your skin

Sweet tangerine, will you please come back to me?
Cause I don't think that these feelings are gonna leave (yeah, yeah)
Sweet melody, you'll be singing in your sleep
But this time you're not listening to a word I say
I word I say



---

Pick up or buy the MP3's for their latest CD... Like Vines


---

S2 154

8 Comments:
Blogger Polt said...
5:47? Dear God man, that's early!

I love BIlly Elliott as well! I got it on Netflix, and the next day, I ran out and bought it, it that much of an effect on me.

Congrats on emailing the guy and explaining everything. Hope that's the end of it.

HUGS

Blogger Scott E D said...
What are you talking about you're always emotional, I bet your're crying right now.

Blogger vuboq said...
You're back! YAY! I need to catch up on all your other entries [esp. the one from yesterday it would seem].

*many happy welcome back smooches*

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey! You're back! I'm glad the earlier stuff worked out (your kids). The realtionship thing - being honest is probably the right thing and best to do it early instead of streaching it out. So, better you do it now than in a few months. Good luck there, man.

Welcome back!

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
Damn, you are SO right! Now I have to order the cd :) That song rocks!!!

Good to have ya back again, and good to have chatted with ya again. It had been too long. I'll work on that saving money for a vacation thing best I can.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Lookie lookie!

Blogger Rey Rey said...
I loved the Hush Sound too... It was totally surprised when I walked into the venue and immediately got pulled in by their music... I was planning on skipping their set and walking in right before my kids in the Dresden Dolls hit the stage, but I'm so glad I did.

I'm so glad you're back, in a great mental state with your kids, and refreshed with this new beginning.

Congrats on returning... and welcome back (and I say this, just as I'm leaving my own blog)...

Billy Elliot is on my personal top five list, right up there with Beautiful Thing, and Wild Reeds. I'm like you when I watch something like that, it touches me in a place so deep, I can't help but be carried along with it.