Sunday, July 30, 2006
Ray & Jeff
---
Yesterday I attended my first gay wedding, that of my friend Ray to his partner of 7 years, Jeff. I was there the night they met, and was there when they cemented this union (legally and spiritually) in front of perhaps 120 friends and family members. The photo above (taken with my friends Camera phone) was just minutes after the ceremony. It was completely amazing from start to finish.
---
I am so proud to be a baystater, and that the day has come where two men (or women) can unite legally. I understand there is a movement in Boston to reverse this "privledge" (not that it should be considered as such) but I have faith nothing will come of it in the end.
---


Halloween 1999 (The Pub, Springfield, MA.) Ray and I, he had just met Jeff at that point, who had designed Ray's Monk costume. I was trying to be a soccer player (although nobody got it) We were drunk, can you tell?

---

I know he won't read this (he has no idea I have a blog) but I wanted to upload and dedicate a song to him, one that he so loves (we are both rabid Tori Amos fans). It's a bside and the title is:

click below to play or right-click to save

Sugar

(recorded live May 6, 1996 Montreal, The DDI Tour, my favorite)

---

S1 161

7 Comments:
I knew you were a soccer player the moment I saw that picture. It was the wig, a dead giveaway.

Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...
Wow that's awesome.....the pics are great and that wig is hilarious!

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
My god but you had long hair ;)

Hope to catch ya tomorrow evening. I'll give ya a call.

Blogger Polt said...
Congrats on your friends' wedding!

Yeah, I can tell you were drunk in the photo, I'm just wondering if you were drunk when you were making the costume. :)

HUGS

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
Big Congrats to Ray & Jeff may they have many years of marital bliss!
P.S. I SO knew you were soccer player! :)

Blogger madamerouge said...
I know the robins bring...
bring me many things...

Blogger Kalv1n said...
I think you should grow the hair out again. It's fantastic. Well, actually, I don't think that's your hair, but I'm curious what it would look like. Hmm...