Thursday, July 20, 2006
life goes easy on me..most of the time
Yesterday I got an email from The Mohegan Sun offering me two Comp. tickets to Monday's Fiona Apple Damien Rice show. I first heard of Damien when he joined Tori Amos on a track off her latest (The Beekeeper ) called The Power of Orange Knickers. Then very recently my elder son (whom I was until very recently estranged from) asked me to watch a Jude Law/Julia Roberts film called Closer, which he loves. Damien performs the opening song.. which is so incredibly beautiful it gives me goose bumps...

The Blower's Daughter

(click above to play)

or watch...

Video from the official site


And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?

I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind...
My mind...my mind...
'Til I find somebody new

---

I am so exited that we get to see an artist we both love (which is a first as his interests have been primarily Big Band, Musicals, Opera and the whole Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra era)..

i.can't.wait

---



Blogger kept freezing on me this morning, I would type a letter, it would freeze, then let me type another, then freeze. I rebooted and the same thing. 45 minutes later, and 20 minutes LATE for work I had to give up. I am posting this from work and well really can't concentrate with everything going on around me...ugh.

---



Well I did have time to take an HNT pic while the PC was rebooting, wearing the sweet Bobby Fletcher shirt I snagged a while back off Ebay. So here it is :)


S4 154

19 Comments:
Blogger Kevin said...
Mmmm HNT. My favorite day of the week.

Blogger Donald said...
So good to see you blogging again, and sharing an HNT pic.

Blogger Leesa said...
Cool shirt ;) HHNT

Blogger Steve said...
Cool for you on the tickets to the show. Happy HNT, by the way.

Blogger AndyT13 said...
Glad to hear your son came around. HHNT!

Blogger Avery's mom said...
cute knees!
happy HNT

I'm very happy things are better with your boy. I know how much you love your kids.
I've missed those HNT pics,too.

Blogger madamerouge said...
I think the first time I heard that Damien Rice song, I cried.

Blogger DEREK said...
so glad to see those sexy legs back on the screen.

Blogger Kalv1n said...
Hopefully things are going better with the boy. I love the t-shirt, and maybe I'll have to check this guy out.

Blogger Polt said...
YAY, you're back with HNT too! Love those legs...among other things. :)

HAPPY HNT! :P

HUGS

Blogger Di said...
Hey there! HHNT

Blogger Joel said...
Looking HOT as usual! HHNT and be careful blogging at work! ;)

Blogger Adam said...
Well hello there! :)

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
You are going to be absolutely blown away by Damien Rice! I went to a concert here thinking it was going to be like what he sounds like on his album but...my mind was absolutely blown! Now I'm jealous heheh.

I'll talk to you this weekend!

Blogger Doghigh said...
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GLAD to see you!! You've no idea! I've missed you and am very happy to see you here :-) Thanks for leaving me the comment babe. Talk to you soon. Have fun in URI country...

Blogger Doghigh said...
Oh and I almost accepted the acceptance from Salve Regina as well...only because of location. That probably would not have been a good idea for me... :-)

Blogger Rey Rey said...
I'm with you about Damien Rice... I LOVE his record, and Closer is one of my all time faborite movies...

But regarding the song, it's all about that VERY last line... Before I read the lyrics (and before I heard him whisper that last line), I thought it was such a beautiful love/stalker song... but then that last line. Damn, what a clincher.

Blogger PJS said...
This song, and that movie, absolutely kill me. just devastating... and i can't stop listening to the song.