Friday, July 21, 2006
I so need this..be back Sunday :)

Not only is this the last day before the weekend (and a long one since I have Monday off) but I am leaving from work today to take the kids to my mother's down on the Rhode Island shore. I grew up spending summers (for the most part) down there as my Great-Grandmother, Grandparents and now Parents always had a place in the Watch Hill, Charlestown, South Kingstown (Matunuck) area of Rhode Island which is roughly the stretch of coast between Misquamicut and Newport (for those of you who are familiar).
---
I haven't been down yet this year, and am completely ready. The ocean is pretty rough in South Kingstown, and since my mother is right on a cliffish drop to the sea, standing on her deck the mist blows right on to your face as you gaze across toward Block Island, which on a clear day is completely visible. Here are a couple photos of the beach there I just found...



---

I've downloaded and burned (thanks to a good friend who was way too sweet and gave me a gift account for my birthday @ AllofMp3 ) both a Damien Rice & David Garza CD for us to listen to (it's about a 2 Hour drive from here) given we are going to see them (and Fiona Apple) on Monday night. I'm not so sure about David Garza, he doesn't click with me yet, maybe after the show.

---

So I packed both my Video & Digital Cameras for this trip and plan on taking a ton of pics which I will post Sunday night. I love my Digital Camera, which has an automatic zoom and something like 4.5 Mega Pixel resolution. I haven't used it since last years London/Dublin trip except for self pics on occasion, I plan on getting some decent shots. Plus I'd love to get some new pics of the kids, they grow up way too quickly.

---

my love life (or lack therof)

well, since this last episode (which appears to be over.. no calls or emails since the other day) and after almost 2 months of casual dating I have come to the realization that I just might be ready to deal with the single thing long term. I mean for 3 years now I've been pretty much single, and in the back of my mind I was thinking how much I needed someone significant in my life.

Things change as we get older, recently dating became more of an inconvenience than fun. It's like I had things to do, plans, etc and going out to eat/movies/clubs/hanging out became a bit of a bother. Maybe it's me settling into old age hehe , I dunno. It might possibly also be that I had little interest in my most recent "friend" unless I had been drinking, which is always a bad sign. But I really think it's more of the former, that I have little time (or motivation) to cultivate something. I am just sick and tired of the energy/time involved in "getting to know" someone.

---

I remember back in 2000 when I met my most recent Ex (we lived together 3 years), I was so much more into it. The whole goosebumps/anticipation/constant calls etc was exiting and getting to know each other an emotional rush. How come it's not anymore? I've dated people the last couple years, I don't ever feel that way anymore, not even close.

---

What I feel like is that ok, time to screw around with my life and routine to work on something I don't even know if I want. Am I becoming selfish? Anti-Social? Who knows, but the next time I start feeling lonely and sad, I will re-read this post and maybe take a walk instead of hitting Chat or a Club. The grass is greener etc, it always seems like dating would be fun and gratifying until the time arrives and I'm like... I want to go running tonight, I don't have time to meet "so and so" for dinner at 7. Isn't that crazy?

I wonder if my life wasn't so full if this would be different, or maybe I have become a jaded man.

---

Crank Call Friday

enough depressing talk, I bet all my friends missed my Crank Call Friday clips right? (ok just say yes and humor me). Well last night I made a comedy CD for this kid I work with and was laughing my butt off over some of the clips on my PC I haven't heard in a while...ESPECIALLY this one.

Rosie O'Donnell is having a birthday...her publicist Terrance is looking to arrange something special. You just have to hear this, I love it. It's work safe too!

Rosie's Birthday

(click above to play - right click to save)

---

I hope everyone has a kool weekend, be back Sunday night.

S1 155

10 Comments:
Blogger Donald said...
The Rosie clip is so funny!! Thanks. Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!

Blogger Polt said...
Have a FABulous weekend! Enjoy the beach, the family, the sun, the fun, and your boys! (I'm so glad things are better between you guys)

the relationship thing? Pffft, I have no idea what to tell ya dude. I've been i a relationship since like 2000, and I'm fine with it. I'm kinda happy NOT to have to deal with someone else's drama all the time. BUt then that's just me. I wouldn't recommend my life to ANYone. :)

Anyway, again, have a GREAT time!

HUGS

Blogger Polt said...
Oops, me and my bad typing skills...it should read that I've NOT been in a relationship since 2000 and I'm fine with it.

Sorry.

But, HEY, have fun! :P

Geez Jim, you sound so mature. I still get palpitations when I meet guys. I just stand there and make gargling noises, until finally I just lunge at them.

Blogger VeryApeAZ said...
I'm so happy I found you again. I just noticed your post on Jeff's blog. It's good to have you back. :-)

Blogger Steve said...
A long time ago, I resigned myself to the fact that I'd probably be single til the day I die and, BAM!... I found Chris. I totally forgot about that emotional rush you were talking about and we're still getting to know each other. In fact, right now, I'm probably a little more clingy than he'd like, but that's love. I know we've all heard it before, but it happens when you least expect it, and when it does, you'll know it. Hope you have a great time at the beach this weekend.

Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...
LOL @ Daniel's comment....but I'm along the lines of Steve....I gave up....and then Whammo...in walked Bailey....Just do your own thing!

Blogger potusol said...
Oh kiddo, I hope you have a good weekend. I'm in a bit of a dating frenzy right now and it's a LOT of work with ultimately very little payoff. But I'm in that frame of mind right now.

My life is about to change in some very good ways over the next few months and I'm sure I'll back off of dating because I'll have other things to take my time. It goes in cycles for me and I'm sure it will for you too.

: )

Blogger DanNation said...
I hope you had a great weekend and it is GREAT having you back.

Blogger toobusyliving said...
I just got back from spending the weekend with Madamerouge at her parents farm and he mentioned that you were "back" - good to hear, off to bed now but I hope you are well and I'll get "caught-up" soon!

Peter