Friday, June 02, 2006
The 2 minute post...
It's 7:18, I just woke up, sitting here drinking tea and smoking the days 1st cigarette. I have this routine every morning which I try and adhere too which requires me to get into the shower no later than 7:20 in order to have sufficient time to get everything done before I leave. I am the worlds worst procrastinator, although if I stick to this 7:20 schedule, I am hardly ever even 1 minute late.
---
7:20 shower
7:30 feed the cat
7:35 make my lunch
7:40 get dressed
7:45 depart
---
I usually need like 13 minutes to get to work from here (as opposed to 25 from the old house) because it's all highway door to door. Today is a bit different because I have a dentists appointment (my first and only necessary root canal) and I should also pack my tooth brush and floss as well. I am so not looking forward to this, thank god I have dental insurance.
---
shit it's 7:26 already, I guess the cat can wait to eat until I get home
---
Laters :)
S11 C12 149
11 Comments:
Blogger Steve said...
13 minutes!?! Holy Shit! I take at least an hour, which is another reason why my BF calls me a big girl. Have a good weekend, Jim.

Blogger Polt said...
You're feeding the cat BEFORE you get dressed? Isn't that dangerous. What if the cat doesn't like what you've fed him, extends his claws and decides to rake....lil Persian Guy?

I'd think you'd want to be dressed just in case. :)

HUGS

Blogger Polt said...
You're feeding the cat BEFORE you get dressed? Isn't that dangerous. What if the cat doesn't like what you've fed him, extends his claws and decides to rake....lil Persian Guy?

I'd think you'd want to be dressed just in case. :)

HUGS

Blogger Kevin said...
My morning routine usually takes about 30 minutes or less from getting out of bed to walking out the door -- more if I'm tired and sluggish.

It's been more a lot lately.

Blogger Kalv1n said...
I hope that the cat is okay! Oh, but I overfeed mine which is probably worse. Oh well. Hope you made it on time, and hope that the dentist is delightful.

Blogger BriteYellowGun said...
By getting my haircut the other day, I was able to shave about 4 minutes off of my morning routine! I'm even considering doing an infomercial about it!

Boy, you'd better be glad I hid your post from Cheddar. She'd tear you a new one. You only think you have a bad boss. I live under the iron paw of a feline dominatrix.

Blogger Donald said...
don't forget to feed the cat

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well by this time the root canal is done, hopefully you have some good pain meds.

Onanite

Blogger john said...
You've got that routine down pat!!! Have a good weekend!

Blogger Polt said...
Oh yeah, Jim, forgot to say I hope the root canal went well!

Did it?