Friday, May 26, 2006
Silly Rabbit poetry is for talented people..
Post number 2 today
-

Ever drink so much Tea or Coffee you start to think about things way too much? Working that shift required me to have a bit more than normal and voila, at 3AM last night I emptied some of my most private thoughts into the blog. I'm reading it now and thinking, what the hell? I thought I only opened up to that degree when drinking. Evidently not. So just pass by it and continue on. I was glad to see my ex-wife also read it (and commented, although not addressing the subject .. she still made her presence known), the fact that she reads here now is beginning to inspire rather than upset me. Who thought something positive could come of that? Love ya *wink*.



---
So today is Friday, and it is also the start of my 4 day weekend. I can't remember the last time I've had one and well, if only I had the necessary funds to do something substantial, after all it is practically that time of the month (hehe I mean to pay bills of course). I can get back into my routine at least, I will be walking and crunching for the first time since Saturday .. and at this moment am completely rested, it feels amazing. I must get out of this condo today, the walls are closing in.
---
restoring an old Meme
-
As some of you know I deleted my blog some time ago, and well restoring the posts got old fast, it is a tedious mess because the images don't always come through when you cut and paste from google's cached pages (thanks Atari) . The following is from a post I made October 20th of 2005, and was inspired by the beautiful and amazing Camilla aka ScandinaviaNova(who sadly has left the blogging world last February, I miss her much and won't take down the link for as long as she leaves her blog up) so anyway .. without further adieu, the 52 things about me MEME..




(originally published Thursday October 20, 2005 5:20 PM)

Inspired by the very cool ScandinavianNova and partly because I am sitting here at work (2nd shift again tonight...ehk) here is a list of 52 totally unnecessary things to know about me....


1. I am a Gemini

2. I was adopted at birth (my birthfather is Persian)

3. I met found my birthparents at age 19.

4. My high school class included 106 kids, of which only 97 graduated.

5. My favorite colors are green and orange

6. My favorite number is 4

7. I have two cats, sisters someone gave me when they were 3 weeks old (they are now 4 1/2)

8. I was once married to a woman.

9. I have 2 children.

10. I have lived in Hampden County, Massachusetts since birth.

11. I have a great fear of Sharks, and have nightmares about them year round.

12. I once had a 10 minute conversation with Tori Amos about her Native American ancestry.

13. Gavin Rossdale once walked in front of my Hampton Beach, NH hotel window

14. I actually think Courtney Love has talent, apart from her other deficiencies.

15. While I do vote, I never voted for Bill Clinton.

16. The two most beautiful cities I have ever visited were Copenhagen, Denmark and Toronto, Ontario

17. I am an only grandchild on my dad's side.

18. My father passed away when I was 15 as the result of a cocaine overdose.

19. My father was an interior designer and left my mother when I was 4 for a man.

20. I have a step-sister.

21. I operate 3 Websites dedicated to genealogy.

22. The only vegetable I will not eat is Asparagus.

23. I really dislike Lobster, Scallops and crab.

24. I love all white fish..and can only handle Salmon occasionally.

25. my alltime favorite musical lyric is "you never know just how you look through other people's eyes" From Pepper by the Butthole Surfers

26. I have always had a strange fascination with Tracey Ullman.

27. I have always had a strange fascination with John Waters films.

28. I love Parker Posey, and have tried to see everything she's done.

29. I cant stand Jim Carey or Robin Williams.

30. I drive a 2005 Silver Nissan Altima.

31. I grew up with Horses, we always had at least 2.

32. My first horse was a Palomino named Tequila Sunrise, I was 8.

33. My first plane ride was at the age of 10 we flew from Hyannis to Nantucket.
My parents did this intentionally to prepare my step-sister and I for an upcoming trip to California.

34. I hate cheesy talk shows.

35. I think Johnny Depp is far more attractive than either Bradd Pitt or Tom Cruise.

36. I am listening to Something Vague (Bright Eyes) right at this moment.

37. I work in IT.

38. I was a History major on college.

39. My shoe size is 12.

40. I weigh 155 pounds and am 6' tall.

41. I can drive to Hartford CT in 20 minutes, and Albany, New York in 1 hour yet it takes 1 1/2 hours to get to Boston, my own state capital.

42. I've never been to New Orleans...though have always wanted to.

43. My Yahoo ID is MrZebra4444 after the Tori Amos song "Mr Zebra"

44. My eyes are very dark brown, so much so people comment on them regularly.

45. My favorite Manson song is Tourniquet.

46. I don't have any tattoos.

47. I have not had a drink since July 18th. *yikes*

48. I have been single since January 2003.

49. I have had two live-in relationships since my divorce, both lasting 3 years.

50. I love hot food, to the point where I break into a sweat.

51. I had braces from the ages 10-17.

52. I have a unibrow that I refuse to separate.

There..whew. That wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.
Eh...something different anyway. Would love to see others give that a go.


---

CRANK CALL FRIDAY


I need to get back to doing this, lately I've been laxed. Today's selection is dedicated to Cesco, and it's one of his favorites (mine too). It is from Comedy Central's Crank Yankers, and features poor elderly Helen Higgins, who's insensitive son has trained her pet Parrot to shout out obscenities and call her very offensive names. Enjoy!

The Parrot

(click to play, right-click to save)

---

Laters :)

18 Comments:
Blogger BriteYellowGun said...
I love reading these lists because you learn so much more about the person that they normally probably wouldn't blog about. I tried to make one once but only came up with like 20 things before I got frustrated and gave up. Very time consuming!

Blogger CyberWarlock said...
*waves a flag* Yay, Toronto made the list. *g*

I have a 100 things list around somewhere I did years ago. Will have to find where I put it.

Blogger Unknown said...
I did a 99 things about me post a while ago. They really make you think, thats for sure!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
TO and Copenhagen are two of my favourite cities as well. We're going to Stockholm, St. Petersburg, and Moscow this fall. As far as beauty, in North America you can't beat Vancouver. Check out http://www.katkam.ca/ on a sunny day. As far as energy, NYC.
- Jeff in Canada

Blogger Joel said...
I love these posts. You learn so much. You can learn so much about someone through the randomness of the list...lol.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Jim,

Hey Tori rocks and so you do! And yes, I think green would seem to be a great color for you ;-)

Wes

Blogger Miladysa said...
Enjoy the weekend and rest :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I like that you like the same music as me.

Blogger tornwordo said...
Great list, loved reading it!

Blogger Jim said...
I've stopped drinking coffee and started with the IV Sumatra drip, so much more efficient - so yes, I can relate :)

I'm with you on the hot food, I always keep a supply of Thai Chili's in my fridge. And about the unibrow, I like it, keep it exactly the way it is.

Happy MemDay!

Blogger Steve said...
Excellent list, Jim. Just about everytime I come here (which really is everyday), I learn something new about you. I hope you enjoy your long holiday weekend, by the way.

Blogger Kalv1n said...
I love hot food too. It's just my stomach doesn't. One of those I'm not going to intentionally give myself spastic colon anymore (I don't think that's what really happens, but that's what I imagine it would feel like). Happy four day weekend, and I think it's wonderful that you are using your ex as a point of inspiration instead of silence. I think that shows true courage and care.

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...
Looks like I've missed a lot! It is almost 5:30 am and I am about to do my yoga before the crazies wake up! So off I go and will be back later to catch up on all things you and read up! But I just had to say hello before leaving!

Boho besos to you my friend!

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
Hell's bells. Now I kinda want to see if I can find 100 things about me that folks don't know. (but since I still owe a meme on the 5 albums thing...?)

I miss Camilla too. Drop her an email, cause she sometimes responds to mine. Maybe one of us can find out how she's doin heh.

Blogger OLY said...
Felch MOnger!

hehe.. thanks for the dedication bello.. HUGS!!

xox

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...
Ok... I read the post below...

Silly poem? Not at all! i thought it was brilliant and had song lyric qualities to it!

As for you, bless those women if in any way they helped make you who you are because you are simply beautiful!

Off I go to read this post now!

Besos!

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...
I LOVED the list... I had read it before, when I first found you and loved reading it again...

There is so much we have in common and could pretty much respond to it all but I will spare you! Suffice it to say I think you are fab fo sho!

Blogger Donald said...
I totally agree; give me Johnny Depp over Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise anyday!! And thanks for giving Toronto a nod. Have you ever visted Montreal? It is a beautiful city too.