(originally published Thursday October 20, 2005 5:20 PM)
Inspired by the very cool ScandinavianNova and partly because I am sitting here at work (2nd shift again tonight...ehk) here is a list of 52 totally unnecessary things to know about me....
1. I am a Gemini
2. I was adopted at birth (my birthfather is Persian)
3. I met found my birthparents at age 19.
4. My high school class included 106 kids, of which only 97 graduated.
5. My favorite colors are green and orange
6. My favorite number is 4
7. I have two cats, sisters someone gave me when they were 3 weeks old (they are now 4 1/2)
8. I was once married to a woman.
9. I have 2 children.
10. I have lived in Hampden County, Massachusetts since birth.
11. I have a great fear of Sharks, and have nightmares about them year round.
12. I once had a 10 minute conversation with Tori Amos about her Native American ancestry.
13. Gavin Rossdale once walked in front of my Hampton Beach, NH hotel window
14. I actually think Courtney Love has talent, apart from her other deficiencies.
15. While I do vote, I never voted for Bill Clinton.
16. The two most beautiful cities I have ever visited were Copenhagen, Denmark and Toronto, Ontario
17. I am an only grandchild on my dad's side.
18. My father passed away when I was 15 as the result of a cocaine overdose.
19. My father was an interior designer and left my mother when I was 4 for a man.
20. I have a step-sister.
21. I operate 3 Websites dedicated to genealogy.
22. The only vegetable I will not eat is Asparagus.
23. I really dislike Lobster, Scallops and crab.
24. I love all white fish..and can only handle Salmon occasionally.
25. my alltime favorite musical lyric is "you never know just how you look through other people's eyes" From Pepper by the Butthole Surfers
26. I have always had a strange fascination with Tracey Ullman.
27. I have always had a strange fascination with John Waters films.
28. I love Parker Posey, and have tried to see everything she's done.
29. I cant stand Jim Carey or Robin Williams.
30. I drive a 2005 Silver Nissan Altima.
31. I grew up with Horses, we always had at least 2.
32. My first horse was a Palomino named Tequila Sunrise, I was 8.
33. My first plane ride was at the age of 10 we flew from Hyannis to Nantucket.
My parents did this intentionally to prepare my step-sister and I for an upcoming trip to California.
34. I hate cheesy talk shows.
35. I think Johnny Depp is far more attractive than either Bradd Pitt or Tom Cruise.
36. I am listening to Something Vague (Bright Eyes) right at this moment.
37. I work in IT.
38. I was a History major on college.
39. My shoe size is 12.
40. I weigh 155 pounds and am 6' tall.
41. I can drive to Hartford CT in 20 minutes, and Albany, New York in 1 hour yet it takes 1 1/2 hours to get to Boston, my own state capital.
42. I've never been to New Orleans...though have always wanted to.
43. My Yahoo ID is MrZebra4444 after the Tori Amos song "Mr Zebra"
44. My eyes are very dark brown, so much so people comment on them regularly.
45. My favorite Manson song is Tourniquet.
46. I don't have any tattoos.
47. I have not had a drink since July 18th. *yikes*
48. I have been single since January 2003.
49. I have had two live-in relationships since my divorce, both lasting 3 years.
50. I love hot food, to the point where I break into a sweat.
51. I had braces from the ages 10-17.
52. I have a unibrow that I refuse to separate.
There..whew. That wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.
Eh...something different anyway. Would love to see others give that a go.
CRANK CALL FRIDAY
I need to get back to doing this, lately I've been laxed. Today's selection is dedicated to Cesco, and it's one of his favorites (mine too). It is from Comedy Central's Crank Yankers, and features poor elderly Helen Higgins, who's insensitive son has trained her pet Parrot to shout out obscenities and call her very offensive names. Enjoy!
(click to play, right-click to save)