Tuesday, May 16, 2006
numero dos..

yeap I made it through day one, I feel pretty good about it considering how slow yesterday was at work. We received 3 calls the whole day. It was rainy, and cold and boring and my boss and I hardly spoke (as a result of the other day, go figure). Thanks for all of your encouragement!
---
It stopped raining long enough for me to attempt my run last night. I don't know what happened but as soon as I started I felt these sharp pains down both my shins and essentially had to power walk (which I had really gone past I thought). It's strange because I never felt so much as a twinge as long as I didn't try to jog. Maybe I'm getting old, maybe I pulled something last time, but I've not been in any pain whatsoever all weekend so this was a shocker. I made the 4 miles in 39 instead of 35 minutes which really isn't all that bad, I have long legs and walk really fast. I'll try again tomorrow.
---
Inspired on by Tornwordo over at Sticky Crows , and also from my buddy Jamie who blogs occasionally these days at Living in the inner mind (who has always done these things in the past) I decided to partake in the 4 truths and a Lie Meme.. here goes:
---
1. I am a registered Republican.
2. I was once nearly kidnapped by Libyan terrorists.
3. I have had sex (any definition) once in the past two years.
4. I once worked as a volunteer for a Mormon Church.
5. I saw Nirvana at Springfield, MA in November of 1993.
---
Pick the one that is false, answers tomorrow
---


Tori Tuesday....


Persian Toricast #1

(click on the image or link above, or right click to save)

In honor of this theme day I made the first Persian Toricast. It has very little spoken word and lots of Tori (nearly 40 minutes) blended into what I think is a beautiful medley of some of my favorites. If you walk, run, or drive to Podcasts and have not been exposed to her lyrical genius and breathtaking voice, have a listen, you will not regret it. I plan on making a few of these as time permits, but of course not every week. Enjoy!

---

Laters :)

S87 C0 150

21 Comments:
Blogger Joel said...
Oh geeze...I am going to go with #3 ONLY because THAT would be absolutely impossible with me...of course I am likely wrong. BUT that is my guess!

Blogger tornwordo said...
I'm hoping it's number one. Number two sounds nearly impossible, but it just has to be number one doesn't it? It just has to.

Blogger Jim said...
I'm hoping its #1, but I'm sure, if its true, the Lybian terrorist MADE you do that :)

You can do this no-smoke thing!

Blogger S said...
Please say # 1 is no true..but, I think actually it's number 2....

PG, I love Persian Toricast hurray!!!!!! Can't wait to see it later on when I have more time....

Goog luck with day two PG! You can do it!

Blogger S said...
PS. PG, what is that thing on your neck in your prifile pic? At first I thought it was a cat or a rat...then I thought it was your elbow...ok, but now i'm stumped! ANd, I have to know~ We could have a contest:P
BTW I ordered a stash of those Tori
patches and next week I will have a tori q for you, and if you get it right you can have a patch...I know you will win one if you want it......I have 6 of them :D

Blogger S said...
PG, did you know that your URL makes you sound like some lunchmeat or something? Totally cracks me up!

you were smoked dry free and lean

and now you are smokeless dry free and lean....persian cold cuts! :P

Blogger Doghigh said...
I'll go with the Mormon volunteer selection. Just going with my gut...(I hope it is actually 1 or 3! :-)

Blogger Sandouri Dean Bey said...
as much as i hate to think of you (almost) in the hands of libyan terrorists, i'm hoping it's #1 that's false.

Blogger Scott E D said...
It's 5. Where do I collect my prize?

I was at that show and didn't see you there.

Blogger Kalv1n said...
Congratulations on your first day. I have to admit whenver I don't smoke that I actually feel worse (strange) until it's been about a week or so. Maybe you have shin splints (are you running down hills really fast?). What do I know. And on that note, I'm going to guess number 4. Unless you had some friend in a youth group and you went along on some "service project" which is probably what happened, I doubt this is the answer, but if anyone has been keeping a track record, guess something else because I always get these wrong.

Blogger CyberWarlock said...
I'm not sure which would be worse; being a Republican or actually having paid money to see Nervana? ;)

Happy Tori Tuesday. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Like you, I am at day two of being smoke free. I feel a bit spacey but OK. Number 3 seems like the lie to me.

Blogger BriteYellowGun said...
I'm hoping and praying that #1 is the lie. The world does NOT need anymore of those.

Congratulations on the no smoking. Keep going!

Blogger Unknown said...
Cool, I will have to give this a listen later. I like Tori but Ive been out of touch with her music for a while, thnx for posting this!

Blogger Spider said...
My vote is #4 - and congrats on Day 2 - keep it up!

Blogger Spider said...
My vote is #4 - and congrats on Day 2 - keep it up!

Blogger Will said...
I pulled my step mother out of alcoholism into sobriety and then got her through quitting smoking when her heart began to have problems. Of the two, she said the nicotine was an infinitely worse addiction. The first day is perhaps the worst--I've heard that said many times--but the opportunity for careless relapses can come for up to a year afterwards. But I know you WILL do it. All my best.

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
Yeah! Day 2! Congrats man because I know how hard it can be. You know you can always call day or night if need be k?

Well...I'm not sure which one I'm picking as the lie. I'd freak if you were actually almost kidnapped. The only one I can think could possibly be a big o' fat lie is #1. (and I hope I'm right heh)

HUGS!

I'm choosing #5, because it's so believable that it would be the smoothest lie. And you are nothing, if not smooth.
D

Hope to God it's not #3! I'm concerned for you, fella!

Blogger PJS said...
I think the lie is number 2.

It just seems like ya woulda mentioned it, is all.

Blogger Rob7534 said...
1. I can see how one might become accidently registered as a republican (it doesn't affect what happens in the voting booth anyway) and have since come to reach enlightenment about the parties awful ways.

2. Hmmm maybe!

3. I think this is true. Most bloggers I read are blogging because they are in a dry spell!

4. Could happen by accident.

5. This is a LIE!

Did I win? What do I win anyway?