Wednesday, May 31, 2006
I came home from work last night, went online for a bit, laid down at like 6 and just woke up an hour ago (Its 7AM). Actually I'm still sleepy. I didn't even get to run last night, which is fine, I don't need so much cardio these days, and am thinking about maybe switching to 3 times a week. I can't believe it's Wednesday already .. and I guess there will be no WBW today, just not feeling so motivated atright now *YAWN*.
---
eh what the hell, here is a wedding photo of my great grandparent's from 1917. Funny how the bride was taller than the groom. He died about 10 years after this photo, the result of some suspicious illness. I actually knew her, she lived to be over 90, but by the time I came around her mind was gone, sad but oh well, she was quite the businesswoman from what I've been told, cashing in on the misfortunes of others during the great depression. The banks would call her when they were about to forclose on a home and she would scoop it up, her real estate company posessed 20 properties at any given time all through the 30's and 40's. How fascinating was she?




---

anyway, I'm in slow mode this morning, drinking tea, need a shower, running late. It's going to be a long ass day I can tell. I'll be training the Company owner's 19 year old nephew for the next couple weeks, he's been forced by his mother to work in IT the whole summer with us, perhaps to learn a bit about the business, he talks an awful lot tho .. but maybe that's not such a bad thing, makes the time pass a bit more quickly.

---

Laters :)

S10 C12 148

10 Comments:
Blogger OLY said...
Hey Bello.. sounds like you need some good sleep!
Have fun training the bosses nephew.. this could be interesting..
xoxo

Blogger Steve said...
Yeah, don't let the nephew see you blogging, either. Good luck with that. Hope you're having a good week.

Blogger Polt said...
Hey, you get in good with the bosses nephew, he could help you with the boss!

networking's the bomb, my friend. :P

Blogger Kalv1n said...
Hopefully the day will be full of wonderful moments. I have my doubts, but I'm sure you will do very well. That's very interesting, and I think the guy's shoes in the photo are quite interesting too.

Blogger BriteYellowGun said...
Ugh, I feel your pain. I always hated having to train new people and it's worse that it's a relative of the boss. Then again, here's your chance to really shine and kiss up via the nephew. Hmmmm...this could work in your favor.

Blogger john said...
I love looking at old photographs. It's interesting and sometimes I create a story in my head about those in the photograph.
Thanks for sharing.

Blogger purpletwinkie said...
...and your great-grandmother was quite the fashionista. That bow in her hair is amazing! ;)

Blogger Kiss My Mike said...
wow a 1917 photo? in just a few years, it'll be a hundred years old!

Blogger S said...
Hey PG! Just stopping by to say hi! HHNT....come back to us!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Piękne stare zdjęcie