Monday, May 22, 2006
2nd shift

---

Day two of this shift change (4 more to go!) I'm just up and still feeling all weird and stuff because it's 10:50 and I'm home, sleepy and drinking some hot green tea. Needless to say I won't be posting before 11AM this week, cause I'll be sleeping.
---


Got to work yesterday at 2 and then things went pretty fast. It's so weird being there alone, but amazing how much more you can get done without people all about. I was able to catch up with some people online later as things eased up, and even got into a fight with this jerk I've been talking to of late. I hate when people pressure you to meet them, and then when you aren't as receptive they would like, things get nasty.
---
This guy is obviously a master manipulator cause he's playing all the traditional last ditch "guilt" tactics. What the hell, If I am just looking to talk right now and you have a problem with it, move on. They try to turn everything on you, as if you have wronged them somehow, left them hanging, promised the world etc. Yea ok so he asked to hang out sometime on Memorial day, I said I didn't know and that I'd get back to him. So he's trying to play that I've committed to it. I've already removed him from my buddy list and yet he keeps messaging me, block is next. He can't deal with the fact that he "thinks" I am "soo his type" (gimme a break) and that I am not interested in him that way, not looking to go on a date, really like him as a person but only want to be friends. This has happened to me a few times already, you meet someone online, start to talk, there isn't an interest on my part in anything more than friendship and they start to get insulting and manipulative. ramble ramble, yea anyway...
---
So I was listening to Madge Weinstein's Yeast Radio the other day, thanks to Mr. Adam who shamelessly plugs that podcast at every turn (not without good reason, it's a very funny show .. not to mention features regularly the very entertaining Cheryl M. if you don't know who she is, you are missing out, and no I won't link her here, my ex-wife reads this among others who might not appreciate her (hysterical) brand of humor) and Madge was mentioning this site called Second Life , where you can create a custom made identity (right down the spacing in between your eyes) and walk around the world in search of whatever amuses you. It's way too much fun, and despite the fact that my PC locks up at times (it's nearly 4 years old and well, rather prehistoric) I have spent a lot of time there of late (I mean what else do I have to do apart from eat, sleep and work on this shift?). Check it out, you won't regret it, and it's free!!
---
A blogger friend who shall remain nameless at this point recently referred to this place as a "Family Blog", and that some people don't enjoy reading these things so much. Hm, well I always thought of my blog as a journal, not merely dealing with my family (which are very important to me and naturally included) but also with my day to day life, work, interests and well anything that sparks my interest and is worth mentioning. I really hate that it would be characterized as just a "family blog". I know I am not very political and don't usually spout off about what is happening elsewhere in the world but still, I bridge many topics and areas of discussion. I've even been told that "ya never know what you are going to read here", which I actually was pretty pleased to hear. I guess you can't please everybody, and I would think less of myself if I ever went that route, it's kind of a sad road to travel.
---
I've been neglecting my favorite reads lately, time has been short and not so plentiful. I really want to check up on everyone later today. OH... and I really want to mention a blog which is relatively new, and hosted by one of the most original, sweet and sincere people I have thus met in bloggerland.. his name is Kalvin and the blog is called Hello Waffles. Here is a very abstract artistic-ish photo he recently put up which I love...



check him out, if you haven't already, but maybe you have .. i've seen the kitty icon in a lot of comment areas of late. :)

---

Laters :)

S2 C12 148

18 Comments:
Blogger NeiLDC said...
I was really on evryday real story that i could get more a moral lesson in it, In fact it is more like a telenovela your blog, about your family, dad, etc.. it make me appreciate life.. It is too hard for it that you grew up that your dad dont even have time to see you grew.. It was the same thing as me. My dad birthday would also be this coming thursday.. and he passed away four years ago.. I do to miss my dad!

Blogger NeiLDC said...
I was really on evryday real story that i could get more a moral lesson in it, In fact it is more like a telenovela your blog, about your family, dad, etc.. it make me appreciate life.. It is too hard for it that you grew up that your dad dont even have time to see you grew.. It was the same thing as me. My dad birthday would also be this coming thursday.. and he passed away four years ago.. I do to miss my dad!

Blogger NeiLDC said...
I was really on evryday real story that i could get more a moral lesson in it, In fact it is more like a telenovela your blog, about your family, dad, etc.. it make me appreciate life.. It is too hard for it that you grew up that your dad dont even have time to see you grew.. It was the same thing as me. My dad birthday would also be this coming thursday.. and he passed away four years ago.. I do to miss my dad!

Blogger vuboq said...
family blog schmamily blog. write what you want to and sod the rest! it's not necessary for you to defend what topics you choose to write about.

oh. and the abstract photo looks like a piece of art that was exhibited at the Hirshhorn here in DC. it was very cool.

Blogger Kalv1n said...
I know, I know. Vuboq is right. I used that piece as my inspiration. Saw it at the Hirshhorn myself many years ago. So I'm a copycat, yeah, and. It's a little different though! Don't deny me of all creativity!

And I love your blog. Don't let assholes tell you anything about your blog because they don't know shit. :) Thanks for the shoutout!

Blogger BriteYellowGun said...
How dare some lameass jerk label your blog for you!? Tough luck, it's YOUR blog, you can make it whatever you want it to be. But you know what? I can relate to what you wrote completely. I have people that come in droves from a well-known "big time" gay blog and see that yes, I'm gay, but I have 4 adopted kids and write about a bunch of goofy nonsense that is my life and there are no naked photos or sex stories....well, they all leaves in droves too, never to return! The fact is, sadly, there is SO MUCH of that boring crap out there that your kind of blog is the kind that interest me. You are REAL. Your stories are real and have heart behind them. I'm certainly no prude, but the minute I start reading yet another account of someones sex life and questioning just how truthful any of it is and why they feel anyone else cares...I'm gone.

Blogger Miladysa said...
You have a wonderful blog PG and thankfully it is 'real' not like some of the artificial ones out there!

Blogger PJS said...
I've found that the best/fastest way to take the fun out of blogging is to try and please everybody. Just write what you feel like writing.

Blogger PJS said...
I've found that the best/fastest way to take the fun out of blogging is to try and please everybody. Just write what you feel like writing.

Blogger S said...
Hey PG i am waiting til Tuesday morning to post the Tori quiz because if you have a 100% by the get go, people wont wanna try.
Then you can come on, the real Tori fan, and wow em!
:P

Blogger OLY said...
That's weird but I thought blogging was about writing what you want to write not what others want to read..kinda defeats the purpose.

You just keep doin what your doin Jim,, it's for you not for anyone else.

xoxo

Blogger Jim said...
In short, your blog, your way. Noone has a gun to anyone's head forcing them to read.

Oh, in re: to your online experience - anyone attempting to put me on the defensive has earned themselves a one-way ticket to move-the-hell-on, too high-school girl.

Liking Kalvin's stuff! :)

Blogger Adam said...
Oh no, well I'm glad you are listening to Madge but I'm sorry you got sucked into second life. I will not be responsible for lost hours of your life :)

Blogger madamerouge said...
this Adam fellow is handsome and has hella good taste in tshirts!

Dude, you've got way too much on the ball to put up with that kind of jazz. Why do they turn out to be psycho? oh yeah, and Very cool new self pic.
cheers,

Blogger Polt said...
Family blog, journal, whatever. You've got a damn interesting blog, with a loyal set of readers, why bother with labels. If someone doesn't want to read your blog, for whatever reason, all they gotta do is stop reading. You post whatever you wanna post, Jim.

Love the new photo, by the way.

Hugs

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
You know, I come here to read about you. That means that whatever is on your mind, whatever is important to you is what I'm allowed to read. THAT is why I come back (well besides you're a great guy). I like learning more about you as a person.

sides....like everyone else has said, this is your space to put up whatever you feel like posting.

Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...
I'm in concurrence with PJS :P