Tuesday, April 25, 2006
My Luck...
Yesterday the publishing end of blogger was down for 10 hours, couldn't get my post up till after 1PM. Then today.. (since I worked 2-11 yesterday and have it completely off) I try to go online and no connection. I called Comcast and the 1st lady informs me everything is fine, my area has a 96% internet connection rate. My modem is acting really weird, all the important lights are lit and then slowly they fade away, and then come back, and then go again. A tech calls me after 2 hours of waiting:


Comcast Tech: We performed an upgrade this morning and it appears your modem is no longer compatible with our service. We are working on it.

Me: Not compatible? I don't understand why that is.

Comcast Tech: Evidently when you switched ISP's (I moved into my condo last November) you already owned your Motorola Modem and brought it with you.

Me: Yes I did.

Comcast Tech: Well , this modem will no longer work with our Cumcast High Speed Internet Service. We will need to schedule someone to come out and bring you a new model.

--

Comcast Lady: Well Mr. ****** the earliest appointment I have available is Thursday the 27th between 3-5 PM.

Me: That won't work, I don't get home until 415 or so.

Comcast Lady: I'm sorry that's the next available time, perhaps we could look into this coming week?


---


I am so pissed. Essentially I will be without Internet until Thursday evening.I am blogging from my mother's today (as I needed to do Laundry) and will have to post from work tomorrow morning after 8AM. This especially sucks because they have been watching me like a hawk lately.She's calling it's time to eat lunch..


---

Laters :(
S66 C11 150
**Adendamonium**
(yea ok I made that up..)
(circa 6:20 PM)
*Ring* *Ring*
Me: Hello ..

Comcast Tech: Mr ****** we've been working all afternoon on your connection issue and were able to come up with a successful patch to accommodate your Motorola 4100. Please reset your router and reboot your PC. You should have no issues connecting now.

--

(20 minutes later after every single stupid-ass startup program on my PC finishes loading and allows me to click on my IE Icon....)

--

Me: Yup...I'm up. Thanks so much for all of your help.

---

Ya know, it's just amazing how much you get done around the house when there is no Internet. This place is freeking spotless now, all clothes are cleaned (Mom's today) and I am just in such the better mood this evening because of it all. Thanks Comcast!! :)

Posted by Persian Guy :: 12:17 PM :: 22 Comments: