Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Had a pretty decent holiday... hope you guys did also.
---
Got lots of toys & $$$, which is very cool...
---
going to use some of that $$$ to buy


---
I've beaten every Zelda thus far (had this really cool promo-disc for Gamecube which had every game except Windwaker (I had that already anyway). Maybe I'll go get it tonight.
---
Christmas Eve I spent wrapping, cleaning and cooking
---
Christmas was spent with my kids at Mom's... too much food, but fun times. We watched old VHS videos I made in the 1980's when I was like 13/14 with our Camcorder. My kids got to see what a goober I was and also were able to see my grandparents (both gone), family pets, the birth of one of our horses, and how young we all were... once.
---
Ya know back when I was a kid I had that Camcorder thing attached to my hip, I filmed everyone and everything despite having to run away from relatives and friends yelling at me to "turn that damn thing off" or "I don't want to be on film". Ha... now they are all so happy I didn't listen. Moments of time captured for an eternity, let's not even mention those who are no longer with us, brought back to life in full animation, a dimension photographs just can't quite relay.
---
We are going to transfer most of the 20something Tapes to MPG format, and I will be posting some here (I am sure everyone is thrilled about that!!)
---
---
I am sure you all read about this. It was interesting to read the comments posted on this story.
---
You have your group who feels no compassion for the man mauled to death, nor for the other two young men nearly killed. They make the point that the animal was taken out of the wild, caged up, and merely acting on it's own primal natural instinct.
---
Then of course there are the people who belittle the lost life of The Tiger. Some even cite Bible Verses (which I find amusing) proclaiming Man's superiority over Beast.
---
My initial reaction (being human and all) was to feel horrified and disturbed, somewhat relieved they shot and killed Tatiana the Rare Endangered Siberian Tiger. But ya know, the more I think about it, and read ... the more I feel for her.
---
I'm torn.
---
How about you...?




4 Comments:
Blogger vuboq said...
Glad you had a good Xmas :-)

*smooches*

Blogger tornwordo said...
It's sad when any creature dies before its time, man or beast. Glad you had fun this xmas.

Blogger potusol said...
I think that there is more to the story about the tiger than they are releasing at this time. I'm very curious to see the outcome once the investigation is complete.

Blogger Unknown said...
I feel bad about the whole situation for the tiger escape. In one sense I feel bad for the Tiger and of course for the kid and his family.
In a sense we have all trampled on the animals territory and they were here first. Im torn too.

Happy Holidays!!!