Wednesday, August 15, 2007
so I've been sober now over a month.... trying to make the most of my time (evenings especially) and power walking every night 4 miles. I've actually started jogging for part of it, but the last thing I need is too much cardio (6' 150) so I don't get carried away. Anyway... I have always found listening to podcasts on my Ipod the most enjoyable way to get through a good walk/workout and lately have been catching up on Dan & Jimmy Variety Cast..

The main reason (apart from the fact that these two guys are really funny and worth a listen, especially if you are a Gay Blogger) is that I have been blogger friends with them both since they started blogging, and not so long ago they had me on the show, and I either know or have read nearly everyone they have interviewed to date. It seems we are a very well connected group, if you don't know a particular blogger in our "circle" you certainly have friends in common. Pretty amazing methinks.

anyway..... one of their most recent casts included an interview with 33 year old (openly gay ) Israeli singer Ivri Lider. If you don't know who he is, please check out his website here:





---
and his first English language video for a song he wrote to be included on an upcoming LBGT compilation CD. I don't think I've ever heard anything quite like it, I prefer it without the visual (video) because it takes something away from the power of the song (in my opinion) but as of yet the mp3 is not anywhere to be found. :( In any case, listen to this song ...





----
that's a wrap for today...
5 Comments:
Blogger Jimmi said...
Glad you liked the show. Ivri was very nice and he is a looker too isn't he? LOL

Blogger madamerouge said...
good g*d he's cute

Blogger DanNation said...
Glad you listen and we need to have you back on at some point - and, Ivri is a hottie!

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm glad you're exercising again and taking care of yourself : )

As for Ivri - the first time I heard him was when my barber was playing his music in the shop. I love my barber.

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
I can't believe that Ivri is FINALLY making a splash here in the states. I've had this first 3 albums for about 4 years now. Love his voice, even if I don't speak Hebrew.