Thursday, February 15, 2007
yikes....
I think I said I was going to blog the next day last time?
---
Things just keep popping up one after the other...
---
anyway... enough of my excuses
---
I am really doing pretty well (if you were wondering)
---
Work has returned to normal, my life has leveled out in the stress department.
---
so catching up...
---
I had today off, it was partially a "mental health" day and partially a "I really need to get some daytime shite done" day...
---
I watched a promo copy of The Departed this morning like at 7AM (having to wait until the business world opened it's doors a while and I couldn't sleep) Woah .. It is every bit as amazing as everyone has been telling me. I won't say it surpassed Crash in intensity, but pretty close.
---


---
pretty fracking violent but still..... one.incredible.flic
---
Is it me or is this place turning into Siskel & Ebert?
---
I mean how could you go wrong with Jack Nicholson, Alec Baldwin, Mark Wahlberg, Leonardo di Caprio and Matt Damon? Each one gave an incredible performance. And what a twist ending!!!
---
ok I am beating a dead horse with this movie thing.... but last night I watched (for like the 20th time) Bent starring Clive Owen (of Closer fame). Many people haven't seen it, because it had an NC-17 rating (for those scenes which could possibly upset mainstream America, namely that it contains rather illicit scenes of a homosexual nature .. go figure right?)
---
Synopsis: (From MSN Movies)
Max is a playboy in the decadent nightclub scene of Berlin during the early years of Hitler's Germany. While his lover and roommate, Rudy, performs at the local club owned by the androgynous Greta, Max partakes in sexual encounters with the club's clientele. One encounter with a soldier in an SA unit during the Night of the Long Knives exposes Max, Rudy, and Greta to the Gestapo. While Greta destroys evidence of his other life, Max and Rudy flee. With Rudy at work in a road gang, Max finds his uncle Freddie, who has connections to assist him in his flight from Germany, but is only able to acquire papers for Max. Max and Rudy plan their own escape from Germany but are discovered and put on a train to Dachau. While on the train, Max witnesses the brutality of Nazi domination, particularly in the form of one SS officer who eventually tortures and kills Rudy. Eventually, Max finds love, companionship, and dignity in the person of Horst, who supports him during their stay in Dachau.
---
---
yeap That is Sir Ian Mckellan
---
check it out if you haven't ..
---
anyway...
---
I snagged tickets to Cobra Starship & +44 today....
---
yea ok they it's a Fall Out Boy show (everyone should know who they are by now)
---
but still ... I will not be there to hear Fall Out Boy...
---
All I can say is Presale and PIT Tickets...
---
so I have stuff to do...
---
have a great weekend everyone
---
---
Rise Against -- But tonight we dance
---
my current addiction .. it pauses for about 10 secs before playing
5 Comments:
Blogger Doug said...
I've been wanting to see The Departed. Glad to know it's good.

I haven't heard of Rise Against, but the guy in the back with the hair is cute. I like their sound.

Blogger Steve said...
I'm glad to hear things are returning to normal and you're doing OK. Now, enjoy the concert!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
As one who never goes to the theatres, I appreciate my own private Siskel and Ebert (;)) recommendations for movies to rent!

Blogger Rey Rey said...
I love that +44 record... Not as textured as the other ex-Blink182 band, Angels & Airwaves, but it's a great record in its own merit. And Cobra Starship are great live. You'll have a great time.

I'm glad you're doing well!

And by the way, I forgot you posted that clip with Richard Simmons... I saw it when I got home late last night from drinking a few too many Mai Tais and laughed like a food.

Blogger purpletwinkie said...
Happy weekend to you!