Monday, October 02, 2006
long boring Sunday...
Gram: I don't think we should go out to lunch today, can you bring over some of those things.
Me: what things ?
Gram: you know, they are like this giant thing on a sheet, and you put things on top of it.
Me: I don't know what you mean Gram.
Gram: *sigh* I can't remember the name of it, it comes on a sheet and it's very big. They put it in the oven and bake it.
Me: You mean a Pizza?
Gram: Yea that's it a Pizza. Can you bring one or two of those over?
Me: Sure Gram, I'll bring a Pizza.

---
Well, I didn't feel like Pizza (and neither did the kids) so I mentioned Boston Market (which she loves) and we agreed that would be best. We ate lunch, chatted a bit (the kids get so bored there, but Gram needs us, and sometimes we have to endure things which are unpleasant) and went up to Mom's who is having PC problems after I installed some Anti Virus/Firewall software for her birthday a couple weeks ago. The kids don't like it so much there either, they would much rather be here at my condo, but once again, we all have to make sacrifices. Every weekend can't be filled with excitement.
---
Month end processing at work today, ehk.
---
There is someone mega cute at work I have a crush on.
---
There is also this creepy Spanish guy from the warehouse that stares at me whenever I go anywhere near him, even in the Bathroom. He doesn't speak English (at least I don't think so) but he stares at me in a way that makes me completely uncomfortable. This has been going on for like 2 years, I used to think "Hey cool, someone likes me" but now I'm starting to get irritated a bit.
---
Oh and my friend told me something interesting yesterday. He works in the Auto industry. Did you know that it is completely legal in all 50 states to drive a car without wearing shoes? Must be one of those urban legends. I mean I am not comfortable driving without shoes anyway but still, who knew?
---
I made another music video thing last night, to NIN's Only, which is one of my favorite songs of late. It's really weird, but was fun to make. :) you can find it here.
---
running late again (what else is new)
---
S1 155




13 Comments:
Blogger Steve said...
I've hard about the driving without shoes law, too. And *love* NIN. Hope you have a good week.

Blogger Doug said...
Those vids are so cool.

* It comes on a sheet
* It's very big
* They put it in the oven and bake it

The password is: giant cookie.

Blogger vuboq said...
crush? you have a crush? on someone at work? who's megacute?

GAH! You must tell us MORE!

Blogger Spider said...
Well - it's nice to know that I have not been breaking the law all these years... never wear shoes coming back from the beach...

And more info on the crush please...

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
Bless your Gram, I love the pizza story.
Eck on the creepy spanish guy. Do tell more about the crush :)

Blogger Kalv1n said...
Why are you driving without shoes? And I love gram!

Blogger purpletwinkie said...
The pizza story is funny. I haven't forgot what a pizza is called, but I hate when I draw a blank and act like an idiot trying to recall something.

Oooh cutie at work... maybe he thinks you're cute too. Budding romance?

Blogger Mikey said...
You are a good man and your videos are cool...you are cool!

Blogger potusol said...
I drive without shoes all the time. : )

Blogger 3.14 said...
driving without shoes is good, especially on a really,really,really long road trip.......

your videos are AWESOME!!!!! they make me smile:) thanks.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Two things that might help your Gram's memory:
1. Bacopa, an herb
How It Works:
Two chemicals in bacopa, bacosides A and B, improve the transmission of impulses between nerve cells in your brain. These bacosides regenerate synapses and repair damaged neurons, making it easier for you to learn and remember new things. Bacopa also increases your level of serotonin, a brain chemical known to promote relaxation. The herb's ability to boost brain function while reducing anxiety may explain why it helps treat ADHD.
The second thing is fish oil that has omega 3 fatty acids in it
Research has shown that omega-3 fatty acids
* decrease risk of arrhythmias, which can lead to sudden cardiac death
* decrease triglyceride levels
* decrease growth rate of atherosclerotic plaque
* lower blood pressure (slightly)
Omega-3 fatty acids are found in the highest concentrations in fish oil, canola oil, and flaxseed oil. Omega-3s are important for brain and vision development and affect learning, memory, and stress levels throughout life.
Sorry for the science lesson but I'm just sayin' is all. Both bacopa and fish oil can be purchased in gel cap form. You can also get fish oil just in a bottle to be taken with a spoon.

Blogger The Persian said...
Wow anon, thanks for that info!

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...
Growing up, I always heard that driving without shoes was illegal. I just assumed it was true.

Your Gram sounds sweet.

Lucky co-worker.