Tuesday, September 12, 2006
sleepy..

I can't wake up this morning. As a matter of fact I have like 15 minutes to get ready for work or I'll be late. Yesterday was a blur, worked till 7am, slept till like 11, made a dumb video while driving around doing errands, returned home captured/edited the video and then posted it. I look like ass because I was so tired (even given the sleepage). I was in bed again by 7 and now I am up feeling like crap. I'm also on coffee #2 and it's not helping so much. Maybe I am getting old I dunno.

---
Isn't it cool who when you are posting in Firefox that it automatically saves your work every couple minutes? I almost lost a post yesterday, my screen froze and then errored out. When I got back in the post was still there! The only downfall I am experienceing with Mozilla is that when you create in Mozilla and edit in IE there are problems. Plus, what you see in one is most often NOT what you see in the other... SO:

Poll: Who is using Firefox & who is using Internet Explorer?
---

If you guys would answer in comments so I can get an idea of which I should use when editing it would be great. A post created in IE always looks fine in Firefox, but the reverse is not true. I can't help but feel many people haven't taken the Mozilla plunge, maybe I'm wrong.


---

so I was paying bills yesterday and got to my last one (Electric) and noticed it has nearly doubled since last year. No seriously, $157 for ONE MONTH! Yikes... I remember at the old house my monthly bill in the summer was at most $60 or $70. What the hell is happening? This is a condo, much smaller and better insulated than the old shack I used to call home. I mean why should my electric bill be more than my Cable & Cell combined? I mean I can't pay this right now, it will have to wait at least 3 weeks. Hope I don't get a shut off notice!

---
S1 158

19 Comments:
Blogger daveincleveland said...
jim, have a starbucks carmel frappacino, that will wake your ass up.....too cute sleeping. love it......my electric bill for a 5 bdr house in cleveland is close to 250 per month now.....i don't know how these utility companies expect people to keep pay for service that hasn't improved over time..again...tooooo cute in the snuggle position.....have a great day dear boy.....dave

Blogger patti_cake said...
You really need to double check it, could be an error on the companies part. Don't faint but I have had $400-$500 electric bills in the summer before. Does that make you feel a teeny bit better? :) Hope you are feeling more energetic today sweetie!

Blogger Rian said...
Here's my comment on the Internet Exploder vs. Firefox topic: I've never used IE--except for checking out pages I've created to make sure they look ok in IE as well. When I started with Internet there was no such thing as Internet Explorer. The most advanced browser you could get was Netscape. And I loved it. I also used its email client from the first day of internet access. Then I switched to Mozilla, which is basically the same, when Mozilla and Netscape had become two different releases. And when they've divided the Mozilla suite into Firefox browser and Thunderbird for emails, I switched to that.

And I'm agreeing with daveincleveland ... very cute. ;-)

Blogger Kevin said...
I use Firefox at work, but tend to use IE at home. There are a few blogs I can't view at home though because IS messes them up.

And by the way, The Drowsy Chaperone is AMAZING! You and your son will love it.

Blogger Polt said...
I use internet explorer.

And I guess I shouldn't complain about my electric so much, since it's like $18 a month. The highest ever was $38, and that was one summer when the a/c was running all the time.

HUGS...

Blogger Hanuman1960 said...
I use IE as well.

Have you had air conditioning or a dehumidifier running? Those suck up the juice!

If not, I would call the electric company too...

Blogger Adam said...
I use Safari, but also Firefox. IE sucks.

Blogger Steve said...
Firefox here.

I tend to create in IE6, save it as draft, open and publish in Firefox. For some reason that works best for me. I Often have trouble publishing in Explorer. Sometimes my link buttons that use Java have trouble with Mozilla though. All told I much prefer Mozilla.
How's it goin', bud? I hope you're not ill.

Blogger purpletwinkie said...
You were late for work and still took time to blog? I knew I liked you for some reason.

Safari/Firefox man here.

Blogger Michael said...
Once I found Modzilla....never turned back to IE. Too many cool features here on the old Mod :)

And as to being old? Don't think so. I got up Saturday and wound up taking a nap that day too after getting home...for about 4 hours! Still felt like hell so I have no idea what I was so tired about on Saturday. Maybe it's just the week catching up to you?

Now I KNOW I need to send ya some of our coffee hehe

Blogger Marko said...
I used firefox for a while and I kinda liked it but there were some things I didnt. I found myself never really using it so I took it off my system.
What are some of the benefits from using firefox versus IE?

I know what your feeling about not wanting to get up, lately I have been getting crap for sleep and when I do finally get sleep I cant seem to get awake.

Anonymous MiKell said...
I got so frustrated by pop-ups a few years ago, someone suggested Firefox, and I haven't turned back. There are two websites I use regularly at work that require I use IE, and my own company website looks a bit wonky in Firefox, but I wouldn't go back to using it regularly.

Blogger Kalvin said...
I use firefox...and sorry to hear it was so bad for the day...

Blogger madamerouge said...
I'm the opposite of Six Shooter... I use Firefox at home and IE at work. (Because I have to.) Blogger seems to just "mesh" a bit nicer with Firefox.

Hey, I'm back.. I just wanted to say I like that shot you took of yourself snoozing. Just looks very cuddlesome.

Blogger daveincleveland said...
yeah i came back too dan, i like that word cuddlesome....just sounds all warm and fuzzy....

Blogger Jim said...
IE at home, Mo at school, IE at work.

$157? Mine was $275, keep in mind I live in 1100 sf. - freaking texas utilities! lol

:)

Blogger Derek said...
man some lucky guy is going to get to watch you sleep one day! You look so cute!

Links to this post:
Create a Link